Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catfish and Shad????

I am going to be on the lake Fri after work, any body willing to give any info on where good shad can be caught, also if anyone's been having any luck with the cats I'd love to hear bought it. I'll be putting in at bluestone or Oke., How much does Bluestone charge to put in? I'll be on a Old Blue V-hull, with a Johnson 35 horse, with about 15 rodholders on one side, if anyone see's me feel free to stop by.
Thanks alot,
Mike

Re: Catfish and Shad????

Hey Mike,
I saw a drop-box near the gate Sunday but I didn't pay any attention to how much it was because the lot was full. Keith has been doing pretty good with the cats up there in the evenings, but he said they disappear after dark. Just after dark if you turn on a light you'll get mobbed by shad. Katmaster jr. swears by bream for bait. Ray

BassCat it is $4.00

THERE WERE SHAD IN THE CREEK 1ST ONE ON THE RIGHT ABOVE THE LAUNCH RAMP AT OCC.

you can get shad at the cove to the right just under bluestone bridge or in sandy creek at occ.i talked to a guy at stauton view day he had some blues in the high 30`s that he caught in the dan.we fished from 24 to bluestone yesterday and only caught white bass but they were good size white bass.

yeah breams great, and white perch, and crappie also.
but remember your not supposed to keep them if you catch them in a cast net.

good luck

DAVE,WHATCHA CATCHING THE WHITE BASS ON??THANX

flats are biting good in the dan,live shad or bream.Can,t get any use goldfish ,works really good.

Went last night to oke. and caught a dozen 8-10" shad, off the 1 st ramp. So atleast I'll have bait, for Fri., I just hope the fish cooperate. Let me know if anyone is doing any good.
Thanks,
Mike