Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crappie report--what a diffference a day makes!

went fishing sat & sun---fished mostly all bridges in rudds and main lake------caught about 60 dinks and 4 keepers on sat-very sad ---then went back to same places on sun and caught 31 nice 3/4# + slabs and only about 20 dinks.....the difference was it was cloudy on sat, so the fish were scattered. Sun came out early sun and i found they wanted it right next to the piling and on the move---worked like a charm. Anyone going out this week should try main lake pilings when sun is out and troll a minnow right up against the piiling about 12' to 18' deep......tight lines....dan

Re: crappie report--what a diffference a day makes!

FISHED MAIN LAKE ROCK POINTS AND LAYDOWNS THURS. CAUGHT 30 KEEPERS, 12 OVER A POUND. FISHED BRIDGES SAT. HAD 25 KEEPERS, 8 OVER A POUND. FISHED POINTS AGAIN MON. HAD 12 OVER A POUND,27 KEEPERS. BLACK/BLUE/CHART. KALINS AT 8 TO 12 FT.PARTNER CAUGHT 2 FLATHEADS AT 8 AND 12 LBS. MON ON 4 LB TEST AND A KALIN JIG!!!TOOK MY 6 YR. OLD NEPHEW THIS MORN. HE CAUGHT A 5 LB LARGEMOUTH ON A CRAPPIE MINNOW!!!

lol----way to go doc----catchin fish this late in the year on plain jigs is awesome--dunno why i don't try more often--bet the nephew had a blast with the bass.

You must be the boat with the 12 rigs out i saw on Sat fishin the bridges....saw ya land a few----i'm the guy in the yamaha G3 crappie boat.

Hope to find some of those laydowns on main lake one of these days---i have only brushpiles that i know about....nice weekend doc!

NOPE,I'M THE GUY IN THE 17FT ALUMICRAFT V HULL WITH ONE ROD IN MY HAND, CASTING CURLY TAILS AND HOMEMADE BUCKTAILS.

ok,,,now i remember the boat---saw ya at the last pylon on clarksville side of new bridge i think????

anyway, nice weekend.......say hello the next time u see the aluminum G3 and we'll compare notes........

YES, THAT BE ME. SHOULD HAVE STAYED THERE, CAUGHT ALL OUR BIG ONES THERE THAT DAY.

glad to see you had a good day,i hope to be out thursday.

dan s, fishdoc will catch crappie on those jigs all summer. next time you are at the bridges or your favorite crappie hole this summer try dropping down a 1/2 to 3/4 ounce hopkins or your favorite jigging spoon. one of the best ways to locate them in deep water in hot weather.

dan s. fishdoc will catch crappie on those jigs all summer, all fall , all winter, all time!!!!

LATE GIVING A REPORT. PREACHER AND I COME DOWN MONDAY SCORING 44 KEEPERS WITH 1.7lb.BIGGEST. ALL FISH WERE CAUGHT ON JIGS(DIFFERENT COLORS)AT 15 TO 20 ft. DEEP ON BRIDGES. THE MAJORITY OF THE SLABS COME FROM 6:00 a.m. TO 8:30 a.m. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK DOWN!!! CRAPPIE CROSSING ARE YOU CATCHING ANY EYES YET. GOOD FISHING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS!!!

RiverRat, check your email I sent you a pic from Monday.

RIVER RAT, I know people tell fish tales, but come on man to include the preacher in your stories to make them believable is unheard of and I have told you before a 6" crappie is not a keeper that's bait lol, kidding, Call me tonite about tomorrow should be a good day I heard you were a good net man the preacher said so, so call me asap this evening, later

Crappie Crossing,I haven't checked my email all week. My wifes been out of town so I've been busy playing Mom. I'll check it when I get home. Clicker You're right about the netting part. The preacher did put it on me Monday but like Stan from Bait and Tackle said he's got the Man on his side. I'll give you a call about tommorrow.