Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stripers

I noticed alot of dead ones also all weekend. Went to the mouth of grassy creek, Saturday to catch some not biting. Saw alot of schools on depth finder but not biting. Caught one about 18" trolling but no others. Any one else catching them trolling anywhere else. Thanks, Rick

Re: stripers

Went to Nutbush Monday morning to catch bait. Saw several dead stripers floating around Nutbush bridge. Took out and put back in at Clarksville. Saw several more in that area floating dead???????? Looks like its happening from one end of the lake to the other.

HAPPENS BOUT EVERY YEAR BOUT THIS TIME. PLEASE DON'T START A PANIC. MUST BE A NATURAL OCURANCE.

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THIS IS A NATURAL OCCURANCE BEING THAT WHEN THE STRIPERS GO UP RIVER TO SPAWN THAT THEY FIGHT THE CURRENT SO MUCH THAT WHEN THEY GET BACK TO THE MAIN LAKE SOME WILL DIE AFTER THE SPAWN.

I caught 2 Stripers in Brookneal Sunday evening nothing Monday, fishing just below Brookneal. A buddy I fish with boated 7 in Brookneal Friday night.

I had heard about others catching fish in Brookneal over the last 2 weeks. One report of over 20 in one night last week(Thursday 26th I believe). Take it for what its worth I didnt see it, but hearing it put me on fish in Brookneal Sunday.

Good fishing.

HEY MONSTERBUCK, GLAD TO HEAR THEY ARE STILL THERE IN BROOKNEAL. GOING TO TRY TO GO FOR THEM AGAIN IN BROOKNEAL, WILL LET YOU KNOW RESULTS WHEN I GO.

Re: Re: stripers

John.G they were there Friday and Sunday for sure. They were hitting top water plugs. I was using a Redfin that I had broke the lip off of worked great.

Monday the fish I was on Sunday evening, evidently had moved down just above Clarkton. A buddy picked up 2 Monday morning just above Clarkton.

Water is real low, be careful.

I read an article once that said stripers are more easily stressed than any other species,not only from the spawn,but also when they are subjected to a long fight when they are caught. There are alot caught and released in the river run each year,so they are being stressed more than usual,and this is the reason for seeing so many dead ones. Good luck to all.