Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing in florida??

Me and a friend of mine are going to daytona in late july. im gonna carry my boat, anyone fished in or around the daytona area? either salt or fresh. I have a 17ft bass boat that has kinda shallow sides on it, so no deep sea stuff. Mostly sounds or small bays suit me best. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: fishing in florida??

I went out last July with Sea Spirit www.seaspiritfishing.com 1/2-day, first time offshore, 3 foot seas, sick as a dawg, and didn't catch jack but I didn't give up till they said "reel 'em in". One guy at the back of the boat opted for a barracuda, it's something like $10 an inch and you pay 25% down up front. I think the hi-lite of the trip was seeing the dozen or so barracuda and sea turtles and watching that guy in the back spend $450 for a 5 minute fight with a 'cuda. I think they'll put you on the right spot if you spring for an all day trip.

Go on down to Key Largo, Tarpon....I was there in Jan and Feb and April...Fishing was fantastic

pull out a map and find thomson creek(just north of daytona) there is a state park there with a ramp the creek it's self has trout snook and a load of small tarpon(a real blast on bass tackle).the creek also does out into the indian river which has every inshore fish in florida. if i talk to brother in the next couple of days i will try and remember to ask excact name and direction to state park ramp.(brother has lived in area for 25 years and lives for inshore salt).

Indian River,Mosqito Lagoon......near Merritt Island National Park and Cape Canaveral.

i just got back from florida tonight, i went down friday afternoon and fished saturday and sunday in tampa bay hooked three big cobia but they got off at the pier, hooked em on live pinfish, great fighters man

good luck

just peir fished from daytona but man jacksonville river is great fishing and a small but will work nice as long as the weather is good.you can troll with most any shad raps and small plugs and slay the spanish mac and barracuda

MAKE A RIGHT AT DAYTONA OFF 95 INSTEAD OF A LEFT. GO TO ST' JOHNS RIVER, FISH LAKE GEORGE, LAKE DEXTER, AND RIVER BETWEEN. BASS, BIG BREAM AND CRAPPIE. IT'S LIKE A WILDERNESS TRIP. DON'T SEE HARDLY ANYONE!!!

Fishdoc....I've also fished the St. John's River.Very good bass and bream fishing.....and yes,North of Orlando,we saw many 'gators and the bald eagles were like crows are up here!

YOU NEED TO LOOK UP THEIR LAWS IN THAT STATE AND THEIR REGULATIONS. I FISH DAYTONA BEACH AREA AS I HAVE A COUSIN WHO LIVES THERE AND THE ROOM IS REAL CHEEP! IF YOU WANT I WILL GIVE YOU HIS PHONE NUMBER AND HE MAY GIVE YOU UP DATE INFO. OR HE MAY GO WITH YOU!