Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
any gas on lake near bluestone creek

planning a vacation in july, last year we pulled the boat out to gas it up everyday,we had heard there wasn't any gas on the lake? would appreciate any help finding an easier way to re-fuel.

Re: any gas on lake near bluestone creek

As far as I know you will have to go out to the main lake and go to Clarksville. A marina is on the right after you go under the old bridge before you get to the new one.

Filled up last week at the Clarksville Marina. Directions provided above. $2.599 a gallon.

That is the only place on the lake to gas up near Bluestone. Depending on the speed of your boat and how deep you are in bluestone it is about a 20 min boat ride (at least for me with my pontoon boat).

You can also bring a can and dock at the new Uppy's and walk up the steps for gas, (plus you can pop in and see Stan and Rusty at the BIBT!

It is so nice going to a lake and not seeing hardly anything that will help developers around the lake.God Bless The Army Corps for not allowing such to happen.We see it time and time again when city folks want to ruin mother natures beauty.If one can't pull their boat after each fishing day,than that is too bad.I can't figure out why one would want to put in let say Bluestone and than boat half the distance of the lake to fish somewhere else.Pick a spot and fish that spot,dang is that so hard to do.Quit trying to ruin the beauty of the lake.

Some of you may think i still have a chip on my shoulder,but i will inform you that i don't.I just can't bring myself to the thought of Buggs looking like Smith Mountain.I just can't.I guess i love mother nature just a little more than others.

Let me rephrase a sentence if i may.Not city folk,but money.I word things wrong sometimes.Sorry.

I know he's made alot of people on here mad and I didn't like it either , but Buggsman is right on this subject ! My grandfather and me started fishing Buggs Island in the mid-70's , when the largemouth fishing was mind-boggling ......yet it still is
" almost " that good , except for size . Now , the stripers are making a good comeback , and the blue cat fishing is getting national attention among serious cat fisherman , even Al Lindner & In-Fisherman.
I don't think it would be remotely close to this good if Kerr resembled Smith Mountain , or any other lake........ where wealthy business owners and real estate investors rule the agenda for everyone and everything .