Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Striper fishing

Just wondering if anyone caught any stripers this weekend I was up but working on the boat. I thought I heard some on the radio say they had put a couple in the boat. Was wondering how far down they are now?

Re: Striper fishing

Well since nobody from here has seen anything I will share what I have found out. Sunday between 7PM and 8PM there was said to be a school as big as a football field boiling the top of the water at the cut through. On Monday morning my son was at the Graveyard and said he saw bait and fish stacked up from 20 to about 35 feet in a big school probably 50 to 75 yard long. Sounds like the fish are back from up the river. I guess I will see Friday I will be there then.Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for the info No Handle. I fished two weeks ago around Goat Island and picked up a nice 27" "Just a Fluke I guess". This past weekend I worked around both sides of the Tressle with no luck. I had in my book that we were catching fish at the graveyard last year this time but thought due to the cold we were a couple of weeks behind. I guess not. Feel free to shout for me on the radio if your out this weekend.

caught some fish around mouth of grass and goat island early mon and late monday. Looks like they are scattered pretty good from goat island to bluestone.

What is the normal time most springs when all of the stripers get back down in the lake ?
EX :( Clarksville to Eastland Creek )

Different from year to year but alot of years I have caught them around Eastland about the first of June and it looks like we will again this year I will let you know after this weekend.

i was just at leesville and could see some stripers in the water. and they are still catching them in the river. but iam sure that tons have made there trip this year. the weather has got them all mixed up i think.guys are telling me that the stripers that they are catching are still full of eggs.

I was up all weekend fished Fri. thru Mon. didn't catch a fish but heard of a few being caught mostly from bouy 2 to the dam. I went as far as the doctors house up the river saw a lot of bait and scattered fish on the depth finder. They are on the way I just know it. Well better luck next weekend.

Usually by this time of the year. You should be able to catch striper on the main lake points from Satterwhite point to the cut through late in the day just before dark casting bucktails. They should be busting the top of the water. I am glad to hear they are schooling already.

tuesday fishin

Went out tuesday afternoon for a couple of hours trolled from the powerline to back of eastland w/notakers did hear of some caught earlier around henderson point, hope this helps someone.