new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big BASS ?

Any big bass being caught? and on what ? THANKS THE GAME

Re: Big BASS ?

I ask the same question, nobody seems to know. Post-spawn can be tough for the 4lbers on up.

Wondering the same thing myself. With this wheather messed up as it has been I think they are still spawning in places. After the spawn them big ole pigs gonna lay around for atleast a week to two and recoupe from the spawn, during that time you'll have to drop it in her mouth then she may not close it. But yet someone will always bring that big bag in and leave us scratching our head wondering how tha hello they did that. A slow worked carolina rigged straight worm or big lizzerd will work sometimes. It's just a tu8ff bite right now but it'll get better, seen alot of days I'd be glad to have a limit of 2 pounders.
Ray

Another thought also, Did this on my home lake and works well. Put a fluke on a drop shot rig, use a heavy enuff weight so that you can shake the fluke without moving the weight. And just sit there and shake, it. Looks awesome in the water and fish like it too.
Ray

Crankbait and Jig all that is needed.

Sorry 5bigns, I'd also have to have a Pop-R and buzzbait tied on during the post-spawn. I agree, a jig and crankbait are good choices, but it's my experience that bass suspend a lot during the post-spawn and a good topwater can go along way in picking up a few needed fish. Just my opinion.

Hey 5bigns what kind of crankbait and jig are you throwin?

I fished a two day tournament this past weekend done well 14.02lbs one day 9.07 the next all on rigs and a bagleys db3 in tenn. shad long points and stump flats.Yes topwater would be my choice also but weather would not let me to much wind, hard to beat a devil horse this time of year.