Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cell phones

What company's cell phone works good in the Clarksville area? I know Nextel is out and my son's Altel wouldn't work all the time. Any suggestions?

Re: Cell phones

Verizon coverage is poor.

HONESTLY,
I USE ALLTEL AND I THINK IT DOES REAL WELL.....THING IS, IF I AM ON THE BANKS OF THE LAKE, THE TREE'S SEEM TO BLOCK THE SIGNAL, BUT IF I'M ON THE LAKE IT PICKS UP PERFECTLY....OR ONCE YOU GET AWAY FROM THE LAKE IT DOES WELL...........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

I had a company phone through US Cellular which worked anywhere down there. This was about 3 years ago. I have Nextel now and can't get a signal much passed Brookneal.

I have alltel and it works great on the lake just about everywhere I've been. I will tell you this the phone you have makes a huge difference.

I have a Verizon flip phone not top of the line I guess you could call it midrange, works fairly well at the Clarksville end of the lake not so well up around the damm, try changing the roaming options, with a nationwide plan there is no real "roaming" , also try updating your towers as you get close to the lake made a big difference with the three phones on my plan.

My Alltel works anywhere on the lake, although signal strength and digital vs. analog vary by location.