Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High Speed Wireless in Clarksville?

I know this is kind of an odd question, but does anyone know if Clarksville has any high speed wireless portals yet? What about Broadband or DSL in general? Thx for any info!

Re: High Speed Wireless in Clarksville?

Katnip,

No high-speed wireless (unless you count the 802.11 access points in my house :-) ) but Verizon does provide good DSL service if you live in the correct area.

I've had DSL since it was initially established by Lake Country Online, with the DSLAMs managed by Verizon and the connectivity through Oasis. The service from Oasis really stunk -- they had all of Lake Country's DSL customers sharing a single T-1 uplink, and the Redback router that they used as an aggregation point for SE Virginia had a T-1 uplink from IT... so as you can imagine throughput was terrible.

Since Verizon took over my service has been rock-steady. Only 1 outage from a router failure in Norfolk. Throughput has averaged 3+Mbps down and 384kbps up. I'm very pleased.

fly_guy

Katnip: You may want to contact the public library in Clarksville. When I'm up for several days, I go by and check email from there and their PCs appear to have a fairly sizable pipe to the internet since it didn't take long to link up to everywhere I needed to go.....not sure what kind of connection they have however.

Thanks for the info fellas. I'll have to check and see if DSL is available at our place. I think we are still too far in the woods, but that ain't a bad thing anyway! Tight Lines!