Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clarksville VA Fishing

My Father,brother, and I will be fishing Kerr Lake for the first time in June. We are staying in Clarksville and we are wondering where some of the hot spots are around the area. Is it feasible to take a run to the dam by boat or worth it?

Re: Clarksville VA Fishing

Whatcha fishin for ?? In june I'd have to say carolina rig deep points for bass

1 day of bass(large or striper) and 1 day of cats

I SEE YOU ARE USING ERAC.COM ENTERPRISE?? IF SO I WORK AT THE RAL ADMIN OFFICE REMARKETING AS A DRIVER PART TIME COME AND SEE ME AT THE DRIVERS LOUNGE OR GIVE ME A LOCAL PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL TRY AND HELP.

I dont know much about the stripers but I can give you a tip or two on the Large Mouths. I fish out of Clarksville every June for Large Mouths. Best time is sunset until dawn if you have a black light to fish by. If you are familiar with the Texas rig you are in business. From Clarksville bridge down the lake for several miles there are good rocky main lake points you need fish (on both sides). I like the 10in ol'monster worms in Cherry seed, Red Shad, Grape, and Tequila colors. I dont cat fish much, but seems like everyone likes the mouth of Bluestone Creek during June, state record caught there last June, 91lbs I think. Only striper fishing we do is when they start busting shad on the points at night, we use a Long-A and slow roll it on the surface just fast enough to make a wake, better hold on to your rod!!!

I belive that if you run alot on buggs your passing fish to get to fish, find the bait fish and stay in that area. We won a small two day tournament last fall and only cranked the big motor to put the boat back on the trailer both days. Butch

THERES A HUMP 100 YARDS OUT FROM MOUTH OF GRASSY CR THAT WE HAVE ALWATS DONE GOOD ON FOR STRIPER IN JUNE. ITS OUT FROM UPSTREAM POINT. IF YOU USE SHAD YOU CAN CATCH SOME NICE CATS HERE ALSO.LOL