Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANY ONE ELSE FISH THE FEDERATION OVER THE WEEKEND

Well my partner and I did. Started off great. The tournament launched from Occ. and while waiting to launch my partner turned his Sonar unit on, marking fish everywhere. We lauched right to the closet bank into a small cove, First cast he puts a 5.30 pounder in the boat, 3 minutes later a 2.5 pounder, the I landed a 2.5 pounder, all in about 15 minutes, this was going to be our day......WRONG The next fish came at 12;30 maybe a pound, 2;30 I land a 2 pounder
3;35 parter lands a 1.5 pounder 3;50 haul butt to launch site 2 fish short of a limit and 1.75 pounds out of the money and .40 pounds away from lunker and to top it off got back and some how from bouncing the release got hit on my bait caster the lure got loose evidently hung another lure and had one set up missing a spinner bait and the other missing 100 yrds of line with a Lucky Craft Bevy Shad attached to it. Oh yeah almost forgot some where or another my rain pants flew out of the boat too. So if any of you find a pair of black rain pants with a Gold/white spinnerbait and a ghost minnow bevy shad hooker in them send me an email.Ha Ha Ha All that on top of a 3 hr ride back home made for a typical day on the lake. I be back again in June for the next federation tourney. We finished 24 th. Anyone fishing for large mouth they are tearin it up at a place called nutbush or somewhere that begins with nut. They guys that won the fed. also won two other tourneys there that weekend. Of corse this was revealed after the tourney. Hope this may help some of you .