Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crappie report

fished 8 hrs and caught 30 with 7 keepers and 23 dinks biggest was 1.15lbs and a 1.12lbs the rest was 3/4 to a pound black/silver kalins is what i used today in 9ft of water off of laydowns.water temps were 65.7 to 67.6.also a 5lb striper. or am i a

Re: crappie report

DAVE, DO YOU CAST OR TROLL. WHAT SIZE LINE AND WHAT SIZE JIG HEAD DO YOU USE. THANX IN ADVANCE.

show some pics.word of mouth doesn't mean anything to me.

crappie.com to see the 1.12 and 1.15 under va board or wait til monday when kerrlake post the catch of the day.we were casting kalins curlytails at laydowns with 4lb test.i do both trolling and casting it all depends on where the fish are.

we ended up with 22 keepers yesterday.we caught some up shallow 4ft and caught some nice whites on brushpiles in 13 to 15 ft.all fish were caught off of jigs also.lot's of dinks on brush also.

Nice catch Dave. Seems Buggsman has a problem. I hope he has ALOT of money, with his attitude going to cost him to find out how or where to catch anything.

DAVE, NEVER MET YOU BUT YOUR WORD IS FINE WITH ME , THANKS FOR THE REPORT........

Seems like BuggsMan must not be much of a fisherman, he doesn"y believe anybodys fish tales.LOL

LORRIE AND I HAVE BEEN DOING OK IN THE COVES BIGGEST 2 LBS BUT A LOT OF NICE 1LB+ ONES ALSO. BLOWDOWNS/LAYDOWNS SEEM TO BE THE KEY STILL IN WATER 8-15 FT DEEP HOLDING TIGHT TO THE BRUSH. THEY ALL EXCEPT ONE WERE STILL FULL OF EGGS, WE HAVE DONE NOTHING IN 3-5 FT OF WATER. HOPE THIS HELPS.
OL BY THE WAY BUGGSMAN I KNOW DAVE AND HAVE FISHED WITH HIM IF HE SAYS HE CAUGHT THIS OR DID THAT TAKE IT TO THE BANK! HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SUPPLY PICTS HE HAS THAT GOOD OF A REPUTATION UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.

I know what y'all are talking about.shucks man,there only 4 or 5 fishermen on buggs.and they post on here.LOL.I catch my fish the ole fashion way.I don't bait the hole and then come back fishing it a day or 2 later.Isn't dog food over the side of the boat used when the cat tourneys are going on?Did i give away a dirty secret?if so i am sorry.

maybe you need to bait the hole,seems that your ole fashion way doesn`t work for you the way you talk.

No you didn't give away any secrets, just showed how little you knew about cats.........Buggsman!

FISHED GRASSY 4 HRS. THIS AM. CAUGHT 40, HAD 14 OVER 10" HAD 5 OVER A POUND. BIGGEST 1 LB. 9 OZ. 8 FT DEEP ON JIGS ON BRUSH. WHITE BUSKTAIL!!!!

Hey dave,if you need to bait the hole than that shows me you are no fisherman,i mean you can catch some fish but true fishermen don't take shortcuts.It's kinda like a hunter that hunts in the woods and a spotlighter.It's a good thing there are laws to protect the true sportsman.

BUGGSMAN, MY GRANPAPPY TOLD ME YEARS AGO ANYBODY CAN BE NEGATIVE, EVEN DUMB PEOPLE, BUT IT TAKE BRAINS TO BE POSITIVE. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE ,DON'T SAY NOTHING!!!!

tell you what come on back and lets go fishing.we can take my boat,gas and bait you just bring a pole.its up to you.you can`t beat that.

Sounds like Daves going to bait a hole for us this weekend. Let me know where you leave him Dave.Make sure you put him where those **** eating fish are!!!!

I HAVE A SUGGESTION IN REGARDS TO BUGGMAN AND HIS REMARKS. LETS IGNORE HIM OR ANYTHING HE POST! NO COMMENTS,CERTAINLY NO HELP IF HE ASK A QUESTION. HE HAS TRIED TO INSULT ALL OF US WHO FISH THE CATFISH TOURNEYS AND HAS QUESTIONED DAVE'S REPUTATION. NOW DAVE AIN'T PERFECT BUT HE DOES GIVE US INFO THE WAY IT IS OR HAPPENED, AND I THANK HIM FOR THIS. IF HE WILL TALK TRASH ABOUT ONE HE WILL ABOUT YOU NEXT. IGNORE HIM 100% NO REMARKS OR REPLYS!

AMEN, JRS

JRS - Best advise yet!!!!

I dont post too often, only when I really have something I cant let sit or need help with. Each time Ive seen anything from Dave, or most anyone else on here, its been helpful and volunteered with the intention of gettin the rest of us some fish in the boat. Ive been waitin for Buggsman to just go away...and I second the motion to "ban" him by just ignoring any and every post of his from now on. Im in. How about the rest of you?!

Re: crappie report-FISHDOC

Curious if the fish u caught in Grassy --were the females spawned out, or still have eggs....was thinking we still have pre-spawn females in the lower end because of the cooler water...thought i'd try either Grassy, Nutbush, or Island Creek areas and hopefuly still find some big females this weekend......thanks in advance if u can reply...dan

One thing's for sure....his handle is appropriate:

Buggsman....buggs the $**T out of everyone.

And I can't resist this...dumping Old Roy over the boat during a Catfish Tournament....I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

Good one Katnip! You know what we usually do to Buggs..............Just steo on'em.

Sorry......should be step on them.
Better yet, mash them!

dam yall are hard,but i like it.

We all got your back Dave!

Just don't hate me cause I sometimes use the dinky crappie for bait!

i use them myself.thanks for the support that yall have given.i still say this is the best board arround.

I called Dave on Tuesday & asked if I could set up
a trip. He was very informative and told me about
a creek,to fish, very close to where my place is
located. I am looking forward to going fishing
with him and learning more about the lake. I agree
with all the positive comments. It really does no
service to fisherman or to readers of this
message board to try and make a statement that
has nothing to do with productive interaction.

DAN S NO THE FISH I CAUGHT IN GRASSY WERE SPAWNED OUT, CAUGHT A BUNCH OF WHITE CRAPPIE IN BUFFALO SAT, AND SUN THAT HAD NOT SPAWNED.AMEN ON IGNORING YOU KNOW WHO

Put you all in a boot and shake it,all y'all will come out the same.y'all are some fish taling son of a guns.Shucks i would lie too,i guess i would if i were to charge people to fish.Like the ole saying,"Don't rob the hand that feeds ya".I like the one about "we all got your back dave" that was awlfully sweet of y'all to do that.But i am a lover,not a fighter.

You bring up a good point about the hand that feeds you, in an indirect way. Most of the folks that are regulars to this board are obviously regulars on the water as well. You never know when you might break down on the water and need a tow. You never know when you might need a few extra shad for the tournament. You never know when you might need a reference for a good local mechanic. And God forbid, you never know when you may need a little help finding some fish in a 55,000 acre impoundment! They don't call it the Golden Rule for nothing. So, how about we talk some fishing?

amen katnip

dumping dog food over the side of your boat
sorry guys i tried to stay out of it but that is so funny, do you do that buggsman, what kind of dogfood do you use. kibbles and bits?

the hand that feeds you,is also the hand that gets you in trouble.just remeber where you have been and watch where you are going.hey doug if i was you i would change my icq.

I only get to come to Kerr a couple of times a year to fish for crappie. The information I got from Dave's posts here and on other boards has always been very accurate and has helped speed up my learning process on such a large body of water.

I was fishless till ya'll helped me out, and I thank ya'll for that (see my striper from father's day last year!).

Buggsman good name considering you bug the hell out of everybody on board!And some people bait a hole some don't,some use dog food,ground shad or even cracked corn...and some people will hand you your hind parts if you mess with them enough!

Dave, I am knew at this and I don't know what
you mean by (icg) please explain. Call me when
you have a open Saturday in the a.m. I would
like to take my boat. You have my number.

Thanks

your little green flower by the mail box its your ICQ.

WILL BE HEADING DOWN TO BUGGS IN THE MORNING. HAVENT FISHED FOR CRAPPIE THIS YEAR. WILL HAVE MY TWO BOYS WITH ME. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO PUT IN AT. WOULD LOVE FOR MY BOYS TO GET INTO SOME FISH. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND BESAFE.

I don't know what is going on with this thing,
but would someone help me clear it up. I am
not buggs-man and don't respect his attitude. The
instant messenger on the post a reply has buggs
man on the screen. I have no idea why. What do I do
to fix this? How did it get there?

Thanks,

Doug

I don't know about the flower, or how it got there,
I will communicate again when my wife helps me