This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 60 lb. Blue

Scott you are dead on about the striper spawn. It's all about how long the eggs can tumble without stopping before they hatch. Information to verify should be plentyful.

As I read through this I was wondering how long it would take for the truth to surface.

Funny how a strory about an excellent catfish catch sparks so many debates.

Correction Chaos not Chao

WHY BUGGSMAN CRYING SO MUCH .WHO THE CHILD ?GREAT CATCH GET OVER IT.IT GOOD THAT ANY CHILD FISHING AND LEARNING TO BE SPORTMAN ABOUT. HAVING TO PUT UP WITH CRY BABYS ! I LIKE EATING CAT FISH BUT NOT 60 POUNDER TO FISH LIKE DEER TO BUT DONT KILL AND EAT EVERYONE I SEE THAT PART OF BEING SPORTMAN AS FOR SILENT ASSASIN HE ONE BEST SPORTMAN I KNOW AND YES HE LETS BIG DEER WALK.AND WOULD HELP ANYONE LEARN ANYONE TO CATCH BIG CATS OR BIG DEER HE HELP YOU OUT IF NEED IT

Scott, Thanks for the info. Read the article and now I think I am a believer.CC

Everybody on here has an opinion, Yall all post what ya wnat to , jump on who ever ya want, why's Buggsman getting bashed for his post, Cause he speaks his mind ?? What's up with you people ?? It's okay to make someone feel bad about killing a catfish but unheard of for someone to defend that person and thier right to keep that fish. I release every fish I catch, If you do that's great and if ya don't that great too , Congrats on the big cat Red, Hope he tatsed good !!! Bet it did coming off the grill. Atleats yall ate it, Heck a lot of the dead fish at tournamemts end up in the bushes beside the weigh in araes. But I guess the varmits gotta eat too. Biggest problem I see with this forum is a complete lack of "Respect" for others and thier oppinions. In the original post" My dad and I and His grand daughter" would make one think that perhaps a younger person posted that thread and was proud of the fish and wanted to know if anyone had caught any as big or bigger, NOT what yall thought about him eating a fish.

I learned a long time ago that catch and release was the way to go on large fish,I am a chnnel cat man and usually they get kept they get eaten as well,I don't begrudge someone for keeping a large fish if they plan on eating it but I detest someone who catchs one and rides it all over the country to show it to people to let it go to waste is not a sportsman either,cameras are cheap,measuring tapes are available and you can have a mount made and still release the fish,if you have a large enough baitwell or fishwell you can keep it there until you weigh it if you must then release it.I have caught some huge fish in the past and they are still kicking unless soeone else caught them after me,its the fight,seing it and knowing I released it that makes my day !

Good catch hope ya'll enjoy it.