Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone catching cats?

I am from 5 hours away. Have been to buggs several times. Bringing my son and wife up for a trip from 7th to 10th. Not a trip I am looking forward to if we can't find fish. Any info for simple catfishing would be apperciated. I have a shad tank and can set up for any kind of fishing.(drifts trolls anchoring exc.) Thanks to anyone with any help.

PS are the shad easy or difficult to find and are they in the marina cove?

Re: anyone catching cats?

Can't be much help with the catfish but I expect there is plenty of bait to be caught around the lights on the old bridge in Clarksville.

Hey gizmo,

Went Friday night from 8pm to 3am and caught 9 real nice cats.6 blues and 3 flats.Biggest blue was 47lbs and the biggest flat was 39.Smallest blue was 26lbs and the smallest flat was 29lbs.Also caught 5 stripers,biggest was 21lbs.Wasn't real difficult to catch bait.I fished 3 spots,anchoring in each.Brothers went along in a seperate boat and they slayed the cats.Their biggest was 56lbs.

hey buggsman what part of the lake were you fishing?
Don't want to know your spots or anything, just lead me in the right direction.

Got any pictures?

ShadHawg,Careful what you ask for. You just might get it . If those fish are dead you are going to be mad as hell and the name calling will start agin. W

As far as keeping fish, none of us keep anything. We just fish for fun, hopfully get some good memories to take with us. That's all it takes to satisfy us!

Thanks again to anyone who helps us.

I've caught about 3 in the last month and took them to the pound. But on the serious side got a couple friends been catching some above the clarksville bridges on live shad.

Buggs that 47lb was only 3lb shy of a ride around and show off. Plus force feeding someone the fish. I bet you caught them on the secret cat fish bait cause you seem to be full of it?

gizmo,

Let me let it be known that i am only talking to you.I was fishing in the RR trussel area.Put it on'em again last night.Bream seems to be the bait of choice.Hope this is of some help.Good luck.