This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STRIPER GUIDE

A QUETION FOR YOU PRO'S......

I WOULD ASK YOU WHO IS A STRIPER GUIDE THAT IS GOOD WITH TROLLING......I WENT SAT MORNING 6:00 AM AT THE DAM, BACK TO THE POWER LINES.....QUIT AT 11:00....NOT A BITE.

I WENT EVERY WEEKEND FROM THE MIDDLE OF MARCH TILL JULY 4TH.....I HATE TO ADMIT DEFEAT.....
I MUST NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
(MAYBE IN MORE WAYS THAN JUST FISHING)!!!!!!

CAN YOU GUYS RECOMMEND SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO GO OUT WITH ME ON MY BOAT........

THANX'S THE BUCKET

Re: STRIPER GUIDE

Very good idea, I hope you can find one, but I'd say your experience is not out of the ordinary. Us weekend guys just can't get the time on the water to keep track of what the fish are up to.

So far I have taken a total of four striper home from Kerr since January (caught a nice one at 25" in Dec as well, but new limit was in place then). Two were caught trolling (Jan and Mar) and two took minnows (last month). The winter ones were much nicer fish, but the minnow ones were 24 and 28 inchers, so I was happy with them.

Anyway, I watch the board here and monitor Channel 68 when on the water, and the past few weeks seem pretty bad all around as far as the striper go. Maybe when it starts to cool down some we'll have better odds.

Ramrod is good... http://www.users.inet4u.com/mhall/
and Chris Hardwell is good too.

Good Luck!
Pete

I am not a guide but catch a few of them there rockfish/stripers so if you would like I could go with you a few days. Take a look at your boat set up and how you are fishing compared to what we do.

bait bucket , send me a email at
carolinacabworks@yahoo.com and i'll try to help