new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crank bait

what is best crank bait to use at buggs

Re: crank bait

My personal choice is a blue-back speed shad w/chrome insert.Made by Bomber. I dont fish Buggs a lot in the Mid-simmer but it does good for me in the spring.

Yesterday evening it was a parrot colored deep diver. Light blue top, yellow underneath.

I've caught literally thousands of all kinds of fish from buggs on SPOONPLUGS durin the last 30 some yrs. awsome 'crankbait'. caught 15-20 stripers in a day several times, 3 citation walleye in a day, a couple times, 10-20 LMB a day many times, many whitebass, whiteperch. an cats up to 35lbs. caught 20 lb drum an 20+ lb gar, an redhorse suckers up to 3 lbs. quite a few large crappie. think i'll keep usin it.

ONLY TWO CRANKERS ON THIS BOARD>PLEASE HELP OUT

Okay...to answer your question precisely. the one that gets to the rite depth, at the rite speed, at the rite time...an most importantly, the rite place. cause you can throw the "BEST" crankbait to use at buggs where there ain't no fish an you shall catch none. throw the ugliest crank in your box where there are hundreds of bass an some of'em will hit it. they are tools to do a job, not MAGIC baits.

OK WHAT I SHOULD HAVE ASKED/ WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF THE LAKE AND BEST TYPE OF POINTS TO LOOK FOR???
THANKS

Rocky main lake points.
I like a hellbender, but if you don't have one I don't think you can buy them anymore.
My favorite is about 3" long and is grey.
If you don't have one get something that will hit the bottom out around 10' to 15' that's when they will hit. This is about the same thing Fish Doc is doing with the spoon plugs how ever trolling the way he does you can bump the bottom more often which is going to result is more fish

mikes83, ask a dozen top crankbait experts which they like best an you'll get a dozen different answers. the point i wanted to make was location is 10 times as important as what you use. ya can't really say one is better than another unless ya know ya throwin it where there are fish. only then can ya start sortin for style , color, etc. i've found that by trollin i can find these concentrations faster, then i can determine whats the best bait, color, etc.