Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wheres the blues

havent caught many blues since june. dont know whats up. anyone doing anything?

Re: wheres the blues

come on now. 137 and no one fished for cats. i drifted from buffalo to rudds creek and caught 4 fish. dont know why they are not hungry. been catching them every year on this date. no luck this year.

Drifted Burlington Mills cove last Sat nothing at all.Now that cove is usually slam full of shad this time of year but not much that I saw. Crossed the lake to ramp #2 got 2 eating blues one nice chanel. I am thinking with the hot weather and water they may be in cool creeks or down as deep as they can get, a few have been picked up while trolling for stripers around 30 ft. Anyway my 2 cents in the pot.

when are you going fishing,we're going in the lunch hour. The fish have ran there spawn they went back deep. I looked last night at some 20 to 40 lbs fish last year on the kodak easy disk,we cought around the back side of eastland creek this time last year they are there you just have to find them let me know if your going tommorrow 1bigblue

The major part of the spawn is over but it will run at least until the end of Aug maybe up into Sep. Any way the blues that are finished like you say will head for blue water and even spawn close by up to 20ft maybe more? Its finding them and figuring out how to get them to bite. The bigger the water the more figuring!