Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to catch a few crappie/ white perch?

I'm looking to go early morning and late evening before and after sun goes down. I can't be out in the sun due to the chemo that I'm going through. I have been fighting cancer for several years now. I know it's not the best of time to fish for them but any help will be appreciated. Just want to get out of the house and spend a little time on the water while it's cool in the morning and the evening.Just want a few to eat. Im not sure how to catch them this time of year and where to go. I do have a small bass boat that I use. I always have to have someone to go with me when out on the water, just in case I start to feel bad and have to come in. I have a buddy that is willing to go with me but he's not much of a fisher man... He may mess up a rod and reel or two in the process. That will be ok..
I'm looking to go fishing on Thusday and Friday. Weekends is just to much traffic. Any HELP where to go to catch a mess of crappie / white perch. (How)and (deepth) and (where) and Bait. Thanks
Red

Re: Where to catch a few crappie/ white perch?

Try beside the new Hwy. 58 bridge pilings. The second or third one from the Boydton side. Small minnows about 14 foot deep should put a few in the cooler. The bridge makes for good shade also.

If you want to try at night, hit the fish lights on the 58 Business bridge in Clarksville. I've caught a bunch of white perch there the last couple of trips. They were smaller fish (big enought to eat if you culled a few) Small minnows or night crawlers will do the trick. Most were caught at a depth of 12-15 feet (in 40 feet of water). Good luck.

Dropped a light in the water at the bridge at longwood saturday night. I did'nt make a killing but I took home about 20 crappie.
Good Luck

Thanks guys for the info... It will be helpful trying to get a few to eat and to get out of the house. I will have to wait for the sun to go down though. I will burn to easy with going through the chemo.It's not fun at all getting burnt. It only takes a minute or two. Once again thanks for the info....Red