Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MAN DIES AT RCL

A 33yr old man dies after a boating accident at Reidsville city lake.
Two boats collide during an overnight fishing tournament and the man was thrown into the water. It's my understanding that he was rescued but died later from head injuries. SAD,SAD,NEWS!!!

Re: MAN DIES AT RCL

Mo,
Have you heard any more on what happened. I didn't know they allowed boats on the lake at night. I sure would like to fish that lake at night one time. How is the fishing there now? We have our club tournament there in September so I will be going there a few times soon to pre fish.
bassman13

Bassman13:

I havent heard any more other than a police spokesman said that alcohol was not a factor in the accident.

It's my understanding that all boats have to be off the water by sundown, and unless you are camping you have to be out of the gate. Campers are allowed to bank fish all night.
The only exceptions I am aware of are- catfish tournaments,and after the lake closes for the year an annual pass holder can boat fish after dark. The annual pass holder is issued the combination # to the gate lock.
As far as the bass fishing goes, it's tough right now. You will have to work hard for them. I would try a carolina rig w/a grape or blue plastic worm worked slowly around deep structure.
Early morning/late evening you may catch the bass running the shad. If so, cast a crankbait or a hopkins to them.
I don't know why I am telling you this because you probably know more about catching bass than I do!!!
Good luck in the tournament!
( MOFISH )

You can fish at night for $12 or camp and fish for $12 With a boat ,been like that for yrs.Unless this death stoped it.