Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carp

Hi ya .......
Any of you guys fish for Carp on Kerr ?

Re: Carp

We had a carp tourny last year at BIBT want to have another one?? Bob,Rusty and I will put it on.

Sounds good. We are coming out from England in two weeks time, staying near Clarksville for three weeks, August 8th to 30th. I could maybe get my boss to put up a few dollars as a token prize ...... would you be up for it ? We'd probably get hammered as you guys know the lake but it would be fun and maybe we could all learn a few tips.

Where would be a good place to fish for Carp and Gar, say around the Nutbush - satterwite area. Got family coming up from Florida and they want to fish for carp ( and Gar ). Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Bowfin the lake is full of both we catch carp in the cast net throwing for shad. Gar most any where on this lake but coves or mouths of coves seem to have more.

Have the Gar always been here, in these large numbers, or is that something to happen in more recent years?

The gar have always been there. I can remember chasing them and trying to foul hook them 22 years ago when my Dad let me take the boat out by myself. Never did get one til i started bowfishing.

Not a troll, I assume it is the guys from Supa Fish, if you just do a search for "Kerr Lake fish" on yahoo you should turn up the diary of one of their trips to Kerr a year or two ago.

Scott This is not my post. Check IP #'s G

Goog morning TROLL !!!! How is the weather in Nevada? Hope you have a blessed day. Smiles. G