Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-22 Striper Report

Well we nicked the plans to launch out of Clarksville and opted for launching at North Bend instead. Trolled near the dam and managed to land our first two stripers. Both came on a white bucktail with a six inch white paddle tail shad off the rigger. We were using 1oz jigs and let out roughly 60 ft of line before hooking it to the rigger clip. I guessed that the jig was running 10 ft down so I dropped the rigger ball to 15 ft hoping to put my bait at about 25ft. Does anyone know how deep a 1 oz bucktail will run with 50-60 ft of line out? Both fish came when trolling 1.9 SOG on the GPS. Nothing hit after 8:30am. Definitely will try to get out before it gets light next time.

Re: 7-22 Striper Report

Congrats. I spent most of the day at the dam rip rap and Palmers Point area. Marked plenty, lots of bait, but could not get any striper. Had to be satisfied with a small channel cat and an ok blue cat. They hit early as well.

I noticed tons of marks by the northeast corner of the dam by the 1st bouy, matter of fact lots of marks all the way across. I tell myself it must have been bait or perch, because none took my lures and the looked like they were actually bouncing off fish.

Also had my minnows and shad stripped and chewed up by a school of something with teeth several times, not sure what that might have been

Hey Scott I heard you on the radio talken about them toothy bait robbers. We marked lots of bait by bouy 1 but our fish came in the middle.

Thanks for the info, I spent most of my time drifting baits between 20 and 70', guess I should have moved over to the channel.

I was in the red 20' Nauticstar with red top, call sign "Redman"

Scott I have a 18ft. Crownline white with a gray stripe with a cooler craddle on the back swim platform, call sign Tech Rally.