Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Days, Little luck

Went out for stripers Friday and came up empty handed. Tried from Bouy 4 to Dam and then again from 7-8. Not even a strike, using bucktails on down riggers and cordells. Guess I better get some jigs from the sound of things.

Went today and tried for something different. Tried Fishdoc's and DRY2's technique. We have actually used this in the past in the upper lake for White Bass, but have to tried it in several years. I fished Island Creek for a bit and only got two White Perch. Trolled all the way up and back into Rudds, ended up with a few LMB, one keeper, and several very small stripers (10in at best). Got enough for a meal, though. Guess I am not doing something quite right. Trolled crankbaits with rostertails attached in water from 50 to 10 feet. Seems I just couldn't get on them. Hope everyone else had better luck.

Re: Two Days, Little luck

Fished for Stripers Fri. & Sat.; Caught 2; very slow; smallest amount of people fishing I've seen this year.

No schools;

I fished Friday 6am-6pm for Large mouth. Caught 6 or so. Nothing great biggest maybe 2.5 pounds. I stayed deep c-rig, cranking, Spinnerbait, I even busted out the drop shot. I couldnt get on a good pattern or figure them out. Fished the ABA tourny out of Ivy hill Saturday..Had even less luck. Caught 3 bass all day. 2 went to the scales the other was under 12" I ended up going super shallow in the backs of creeks with a senko to get my fish. I tried deep all morning but nothing. Some guys did figure them out. It took 16lbs to win. I think 12lbs to get a check.
This lake kicks my butt everytime. I live 2.5 hours south of Kerr so I dont get to it much. If anyone has any info on how they are catching them this time of year I would love to hear it so I can see what I was doing wrong.

Bent creeker, we contour troll this rig. we been trollin with plugs that'll pull it down to 15ft an then try to stay in 15-20 ft of water by followin those contours. ya learn the "lay of the land" this way an figure out where the fish are holdin accordingly. sometimes ya gotta go shallower or deeper, the fish will let ya know when ya got it rite!!!

TROLLED 3-WAY RIG SAT MORNING FROM LIGHT TILL
ABOUT NOON. HAD 4 LARGEMOUTH 1 STRIPER AND ABOUT
25 WHITE PERCH. FISHED MOUTH OF GRASSY CRK AND
UP TOWARDS BRIDGES ON NORTH SIDE. TRIED TO STAY
18 TO 25 FT WATER DEPTH. STRIPER AROUND 10# ACTUALLY
HIT WHEN SPOONPLUG CAME OFF TREE IT WAS HUNG ON.
THAT COOL WEATHER FELT GOOD.