Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
minnow bucket

Tried out my new minnow bucket yesterday and it worked pretty good. I took a standard 5 gallon bucket and put 4 bricks in the bottom(with adhesive) for stability and height adjustment. Put a regular 2 dollar minnow bucket in the 5 gallon bucket where the tops of both buckets were flush. I siliconed the crack where the two buckets met. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the the bottom of the five gallon bucket and filled it with spray styrofoam.(the kind that comes in a spray paint can) That styrofoam expanded and sealed all the way around the bucket. The water stayed cooler longer and the height of the five gallon bucket made getting to the minnows easier.

Re: minnow bucket

The best success I have ever had keeping minnows alive is the Frabill rectangular chest. Comes with a full net with as little handle so you don't even need a net. Built in aerator runs 40 + hrs on d cell battery. I have kept 6-8 dozen healthy on a real hot day. Cost around $40 but well worth it. I have two and will never be without one again. Smiles. G

Re: minnow bucket

Glenn bring that when we go crappie fishen ok? Also Steve and I are going Saturday real early wanna come along?