Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going Sunday

The wife & I are planning on fishing Sunday morning. We are planning on launching near Clarksville and troll for stripers for a few hours then we were thinking of trying for some crappie. I hear lakefest is this weekend so I was wondering if I could get a suggestion for a launch up that way that won't be that packed. Also any suggestion on where to setup for crappie. We are new to the area and don't know the creek names yet so bouy #'s would be the best reference.

Re: Going Sunday

Lakefest will be mainly on Sat & Sat night, try for crappie around the bridges or any brush you can find plus any docks with 12-20' of water under them should catch a few.

keith,your braver than i am i wouldn't waste my time fishing there this weekend! I did it 1 year and won't ever do it again,you'll see what i'm talking about when you go 1bigblue

Thanks 1bigblue. I was afraid of that. I've never been to lakefest but I've been to other boat parties and most are just plan dangerous with all the crasyness. You just helped me to change the plan to trolling down by the dam. Does the crazyness generally stay west of the power lines?

I've been there around bluestone to Ivy Hill I couldn't get away from them.I'm waiting for next week to go,good luck to you hope you get to fish I expect the water will be churned up real good let us know who you do sunday, 1bigblue

Lakefest

Lakefest-pffffft!!! We got to Clarksville about 5.30 Sat morning they had the road blocked/closed so we had to wind our way to the marina then leaving about 3.00pm it only took 20 min to get back out of town thru the side streets. By about 1.00 the lake was full of boats going in all directions and all of them seem to be running wide open. We had managed to catch a couple of eating size blues and 1 chanel cat before the crowd arrived. Shad were hard to get also. I sugggest somewhere besides Clarksville area for boating or fishing but candy apples or ??? have fun.

My advice was for Sunday, not Saturday. After all that partying on Sat night who would be out there on Sun morning other than a fisherman.