Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buckbass schools

Dont get into em like I did last evening too many times, but WOW!...I had some fun. Drift fishing cut bait at 6pm (two blues, 5 and 3) and noticed surfacing schools in a slight bowl. Watched and thought maybe it was nice-sized white bass so motored over and started to cast a Rebel Popper as I neared. EXPLODED on the thing! Was a big school of LMB, buckbass 14" up to about 18". Not big, but wow were they wound up! On first hit had two fish on the same lure! Ended up catching 12 (all released) and probably had on or missed another 12 in a short span. THey'd surface, tear it up, then go down for a little bit. Switched over to silversided Rattletrap to cast long way and just had as much fun as Ive had in some time fishing. Not big ones, but oh so much fun. Fish were so excited when they hit theyd come jumpin' outta the water and, well, it was fun. As soon as wind put a slight chop on the surface they stopped. As long as hot weather pattern continues, hoping to play with em a few more evenings!

Re: buckbass schools

QBDAD,
Im glad you got into them and caught some. It was hard watching you that day on the lake with a school boiling the water all around your boat and didnt manage a bite. Hope you find some more today. I hope to go out tonight and try it myself.

TRAP

What part of the lake were you on?

Was on part of lake that finally had some fish bitin'!,....Yeah, Trap that day still buggs me, darn fish were practically beating against the side of the boat and couldnt hook a one! If Id had a net in my hand Id've done better!! Ill look for ya tonight.

Use a small bass assassin next time without a weight and you will hook up more in White or Grey color