Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bass report

im 15 and went out friday and me and my dad caught 18 and the biggest was a couple 4 1/2 pounders and the rest was in the 2 to 3 pound range saturday we caught 10 and the biggest was a 3 and the rest 1 or 2 pounds any body else catch any

Re: bass report

yea, i fished a local water supply res. sat. an had my best day this yr. caught one eight pounder, one six pounder, one five pounder, 2 @ 4 lbs, 2 @ 3 lbs an 2 @ 2 lbs. caught all except the 5 on a one oz. spinnerbait in 12-14 ft of water on main lake points an the 5 pounder on a crank at the same depth. caught 2 @ 2lb an a 5 lber there yesterday. what a difference a day can make.

sounds like u had a exlecent day what color spinner bait

chart./white with gold an silver willowleaf blades...an a big trailer hook...4/0. ya miss a lot without it. been usin hawgcaller but had a 6-8lber break one sat an this is the third one a big fish broke for me this yr, tryin to find a stronger SB.

thanks i will try it

did it matter what time of day it was

caught 6 tween 8-10AM. the other 3 tween 10 AM an 4PM. usually do best this time of yr tween 10AM an 2PM out on deeper structures, but ya never can predict when fish are gonna bite, so i always think they gonna bite the next cast!!!

Fish Doc...That is the way I think. At least thats what I tell my myself when I'm 3-4 hours later getting home than when I told my wife I would try to be home. I do alot of fishing at Diascunds Res. and Little Creek. Both over 1,000 acres electric motor only. So there is always the excuse that it took a lot longer to get back than I thought. Luckly with my wife I don't have to use them. She is a very understanding women.

Hey H2O do you fish the private side of Diascund or the public? We fished the private side two weeks ago and had very little luck. And I have never fished Little Creek but have always wanted to. Is it worth the trip this time of year?

I fish the public. The private side from what I can tell looks small and shallow. The public side has some 20+ water with a lot of drop offs and humps going from 8 to 20 and back to 8. Normaly this time of year I get there about an hour before sun up and run up under both bridges( the second one you have to get out your seat and squat to get under)and start with top water and switch to plastic and fish the drop offs and humps. The shad must of had a great spring because the schools of small ones are huge and every time they go over one of those humps the water starts to boil and if your close you can throw anything and pick up a couple of bass. As far as Little creek it has always been hit and miss. Very clear and deep 60+ feet in some places and a lot of grass in the shallows this time of year. But early and late when the stripers push the shad to the top and the bass right with them is a blast. I always keep a top water plug tied on at both places. But again if you are close enough you can't cover much water with just the electric motor to get to them.

Fishdoc...try a secret weapon spinnerbait.They are a little on the pricy side at $8.99 each but if you only have to buy one instead of three it pays for itself...If you can't find any let me know...I have about 20 of them.

H20 Thanks for the tips, Ill be sure to try Diascund a few more times this summer