Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stratos 176XT - Need info ?

Does anyone have any info. regarding the new Stratos 176XT..I'm considering making a purchase. If I do I was going to get it with a 60 hp E-Tec...I'm looking for anyone with knowledge of this boat..Thanks...

Re: Stratos 176XT - Need info ?

Bill go to bass boat central.com they have each boat with owners replies and all.

Re: Stratos 176XT - Need info ?

Looks like a nice rig. I asked Collins (the dealer down here) if they were tacking on freight and rigging to the base $12,995 price like Tracker dealers do on their boats, and was told no (but did have the standard tax, title, registration, and a minor paperwork fee), so it is actually a better deal than the aluminum Tracker 175TXW. This may be because it was a 2007 model instead of a 2008 one though.

The few reviews I have seen on it make it look like the 60 hp e-tec would be a nice motor for it, since it is not designed to be a speed demon anyway.

I would not think it would be a good rough water boat though, not set up like the expensive bass rigs are for larger waters, but anywhere you would take a similar aluminum rig, this one should do as well or a little better.