Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
leesville stripers?

Have any of you guys fished for stripers at leesville lake this time of year? and if so, did you do any good. Thanks!

Re: leesville stripers?

Fished last Sat night. Main channel points on the lower 3 miles V-waking redfins. 11 Stripers, none over 9lb. Most caught 12:00a.m. till 3:30 a.m. Watch out for the trash!!!!!!

Thanks, I'm thinking about giving it a try this Saturday nite. I never been up there at night and thanks again for the heads up on the trash.

katdawg, I would go before dark and get used to the surroundings. Leesville can be tricky at night with the trash and it is not uncommon for the fog to set in to where you cannot see the other end of the boat. There are no lighted bouys and very few lighted docks. You should have a good time, just be careful. Ya never know you just might see me there!

i've trolled leesville this time of yr, usin a 3 way rig with a crank that'll run 15ft deep. done best from the dam to ol womans cr, out on the edge of the channel. use a speed shad, silver, on the 3way. 2.8-3MPH. hope this helps ya!