Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Five days fishing for LMB on Buggs

Had the pleasure of seeking out the LMB from Thursday through Tuesday. Worked very hard to locate them with little success Thurs and Fri after the 4th holiday. Then Saturday we began to get onto them. Really hit them on Monday with a 3 lb, 4 lb and multiple 2 lb class fish. Probably had 15 LMB keepers in a period of six hours. Almost everything caught on soft plastic in somewhat stained water. Close access to deep water was key, and early and late migrations seem to be the rule during these hot summer days. Even then, the better fish are on the deeper structures. Best bet is to get there early, fish hard for four hours, then go take a nap. Get back out in the evening if you can. Tuesday was a special day with fishdoc, and we caught white bass, stripers, largemouth and catfish. Will be back in a few weeks to try it again.

Re: Five days fishing for LMB on Buggs

TROLL ALERT!!!

I don't know why you think this is a troll alert. Saturday evening a friend and I caught at least six small keepers right at dusk. True - most of these were 12-14" and nothing to really brag about - except I was happy to find them after 2-3 days of pretty much nothing. Then on Monday, a friend brought his son down from Richmond, and we got on them again in the morning. Roughly the same area. This time, it included two very nice fish and a couple in the 2 lb range. In the summer, this is not so unusual - a lot of looking with nothing, but if you get on them, you can put a lot in the boat.

I don't appreciate a troll alert when I take the time to post and share my experiences. I'd be happy to Email you a couple of pics, but your "troll alert" remark didn't include an Email address. Perhaps you should take a little more care before you make such an accusation.

Many apologies to you. Go to the post by Sal's Buddy and check the IP#'s. You will see this was not posted by me. I only use one Ip# which is the correct one as I do not play games and I have nothing to hide. These peiople who do this are only trouble makers. Sorry for their intent to cause hard feelings, Smiles, G

Hey - great to meet you. I'm sure what they intended as bad will turn out for good. Hopefully we can meet on the water sometime!