Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trollin' with FISHDOC

A great day to be alive. Trolled IC pretty much all day hitting all the main lake points and humps. Caught 70-80 white perch with about 50 or so being from "large" to "dang lookit here" sized fish. Also caught 8 white bass, 8 stripers a crappie or two and 1 lmbass. Fishing mostly 12-16 feet deep over deeper water off the points/humps. Silver or chartreuse spoonplugs, and yellow roostertails got it done today.

Re: trollin' with FISHDOC

Sounds like you had a great and productive day. Guess I need to hookup the boat and head that way. Been won'ting to try that for a while anyway.

I thought I saw fishdoc's truck parked at the boat ramp Sunday. After getting up for four straight days at 5AM to fish. I slept in on Sunday and didn't fish. Back at work today.

... G luck to ya mofish ... RU - yeah that was Keith's truck there yesterday. He's back up there today fishin' a few miles up the lake for crappie and I believe he said he had someone lined up for everyday this week. Ain't it hard being retired. I don't think I could put that many hours a week in on the water, but then again - I ain't fishdoc.

LEARNED ABOUT TROLLING THE 3-WAY RIG ON THIS
BOARD. OVER 80 FISH IN 2 DAYS LAST WEEK. CAUGHT
ALL DIFFERENT SPECIES. MY SON,BROTHER AND I HAD
GREAT TIME. THANKS TO ALL FOR INFO.

Wirewinder - hope that I was able to help you in some way. I get a lot of satisfaction out of helping someone catch fish. I don't think that you should have to learn most things the hard way like I had to and if I can save you all the time of trying this n' that trying to find something that works - then you can spend more time enjoying your family or life and I feel like I've done something to deserve to live this day. I love to see a dad,granddad and grandchild (moms/daughters/grandaughters count too) out on a boat having fun catchin' fish - and I don't know of any legal way to put more fish in a boat than trolling. I have caught bream / bass / walleye / stripers / white perch / wbass / gar / several kinds of catsfish and largemouth bass all fishing the exact same way with the exact same color lures and most of them on the same day. The biggest cat so far is a 24 pound flathead several years ago and I've caught a 4.5 and a 5 3/4 pound bass at the same time on the same rig. Thanks for letting me know of your success. Even if I had nothing to do with it it still makes me feel good to see that these posts do help folks. You never know what effect your words will have on someone. If I can be of further service to you - give me a holler, and feel free to e-mail me on my home address madrenj@bellsouth.net if I can explain something better.