Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Falls Lake

Fishdoc or any other knowledgeable fishermen. I have never been to falls lake before and just wanted a little information.Does it have any docks if so what kind (floating or pole) what depth should I fish if/when I go down there what types of areas/structure should I look for.I am a power fisherman and dont really like to fish deep.I am trying to rule out carolina rigging and smaller plastics any help will be greatly appreciated

Re: Falls Lake

I would stay clear of falls on the weekends,if you didn't see there were 20 sheriffs and the normal game wardens checking everyone for dui's this past labor day weekend,the developing growth(i call it something else but can't here!)has put more boats on that lake than it needs.

I live just north of Falls Lake and fished it from the day they opened the ramps until it just became too over crowded. Most times on the weekend at Bartons Creek ramp it takes longer to get your boat out of the water than to drive to Kerr. During the week until mid afternoon it's not so bad but every evening when I go by Bartons Creek there are 10 to 15 boats around the ramp either launching or taking out. If you go, Horsecreek and the flooded pond next to the intake tower south of Hwy 98 generally hold a lot of fish. Fish the submerged roadbeds in Horsecreek. I've caught nice LM many times between the rock island and 1st roadbed.

Agree with the comments regarding the crowds. That's why I'm on Kerr now. Falls, no docks and this time of year Carolina rigged, lizards, june bug color. Good luck!