Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ramp info

How is the run from the hyco ramp to mouth of the lake??? We are planning to fish up river all night and have never put in at Hyco before. Any other suggestions would be great!!

Re: ramp info

I tried to put in at Hyco two weeks ago and the bridge had log jams in it and could not get the boat thru to make it to the lake. I don't know if the logs have been cleared out or not.
I put in at Aaron's Creek landing and made it to the flats with plenty of water and no problems at all. Aaron's creek landing is rough but if you back down slow you will have no problems.

Thanks for the help. How long of a boat ride from the ramp to the lake? Is it pretty easy to run at night??

From the Aaron's Creek ramp to the main body of water is about 2 to 3 miles. It is not far at all. It generally takes me about 10 minutes just taking my time. It is not many hazards in Aaron's so you should be fine at night. You are going to come out at the landing strip near the flats. Take live bream if you can get them and have fun.

thanks for all of your help!!!!

genbit. Use Holiday Shores Ramp if you have difficulty with hyco. From Holiday shores, its about the same distance to the hyco/dan spillover. These directions came from CC a few months back...jfo

Coming from south boston turn left onto Carters point rd. just as soon as you cross over Aarons crk. Look for the Holiday Shores sign about 2 1/2 to 3 miles on your left. From Rt 58 go 2.3 miles to Holiday Shores Drive which is a better than average dirt road that has built in speed bumps which are smooth & a 20 mph speed limit. Take a left at the Hiliday Shores sign & the dirt road is 1.3 miles to the lake.

thanks alot. If Aarons ramp is too rought we will definately give that a try.