Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bait tanks

There are a lot of different types bait tanks on the market. I am looking for a 35 gallon tank. What are your opinions on the different models? My fishing partner has a Better Bait live well. Please give me some good info into purchasing one. My tank is homemade and does great. It is insulated with a filter system but I feel I need one a little newer and better. I am not trying to keep up with the Joneses just looking for a better tank. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD. Thanks and have a safe holiday.

Bo

Re: bait tanks

either one of two Tanks that I recomend for anyone. I have a 50 gallon creek bank, that I am very pleased with. Just an awesome tank im my opinion. The 50 gallon may be a bit larger then what your looking for. But the 50 gallon specs measure just within, almost the same as a 35 gallon superII. Creek Bank also makes a 20 and 30 gallon. The second tank is a Super II Bank Tank, awesome tank again. The biggest difference between the two if the filtration system. Which is the most important issue with good healthy bait....

The main things with bait tanks is Filtration and aeration. Keepings your filter clean is the main key!... Aeration, spray bars and things of the like do fine, such as greyline bait tanks offer. But they dont compare to the raw oxygen bubbles being dispursted into the water. Venturi system's are the way to go. Creekbank comes with there own venturi system, which is awesome. With a Super II its has a good air system, but you can purchase and instal and Danco Venturi system which really turns the tank around.... both venturi systems off more and smaller bubbles with mean more oxygen to be able to hold more bait and to have healthier baits....

www.creekboats.com
www.fishing-boating.com/livewellsystems/
http://www.danncollc.com/venturi.htm

Re: Re: bait tanks

CatsNstripers thanks for the info. I need to talk to a buddy of mine about the financing end though!! Ha!
Hope you have a great fourth and again thanks.
Might go noodlin this evening if the wind will lay.
Our lake is dead low. So, will hit the upper end hopefully tomorrow.

Bo

Travis will that venturi system you are talking about turn my built in bait well into a decent bait tank? My tanks are one round and one oval, both insulated and lighted 32 gallon and 40 something gallon

Bo how have your noodles been working? I had excellent success with them the few times I have used them this year. Anytime you want to go or just compare notes on them shoot me an email. I only ran 12 noodles last time I went and have enough fish to retire them until next year. I really want to get my rods back out and see if I can have as much success with them. I have some questions about your guide service too if ya have the time.

Retnavy, I am looking forward to seeing your new rig! I think it is fantasic that you have served your country and can now reap the rewards.

Tite lines ya'll and hope everyone had a great 4th!

RAymond check your E-mail

Back at ya Retnavy

Raymond,

I am new at noodling. I have had decent success, nothing to write home about. I am setting mine primarily from 8 to 12 foot deep. The cats I have caught are nice. Most of them were blues. I am not against learning old tricks from old pros. We probably need to pick each other like boiled eggs. Let me know what depth you set yours at. I am using a barrel swivel and a half ounce egg weight. My main line is 50 pound spider wire and I am using a 20 pound leader. I have had four break the line. Probably good fish along with probably sorry line!!! Ha! Send me some tips and if I know anything your interested in just let me know.

Bo

ps For those of you that have read this post it is an
inquiry regarding the best bait tanks. Send me
some info please.

rrfishman

you have mail Bo.

I love Greylines! First of all 100% of the capacity stated is water the bait actually swims in. SuperII and Creekbanks have water filled seperate filter compartments that are incl. in stated capacity but are seperate from the baitwell space. The Greyline has no spray bars or rinky-dink contraptions either. The filter box is on top of the tank, the dirty water is pulled from bottom of the tank via standpipe, oxygenated water runs over a plastic dam thru polyfiters then a hard foam filter then optional charcoal. The 500 GPH Rule pump in the filter box serves 2 puposes, 1.) draws dirty water from the bottom of tank and sends it thru the filter materials and charcoal 2.) venturi on pump infuses oxygen into water going back into bait area at all times. Even if the filters get stopped up, the bait is still getting oxygen in a Greyline as it has holes in the filter box at the proper level so as when the filters are not allowing water thru, the oxygenated water goes thru the holes to the bait at the same flow. This is big if yur holding bait until the next day and are wore slap out and "forget" to go out and babysit the bait in middle of nite! The entire filter box is totally removable from the tank as well for easy cleaning.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Creekbanks a lot, but I have seen the oxygen completely stop more than once in a friends when the filter got stopped up. Lost a lot of bait both times. I would get a 50 gal Creekbank if that's yur chioce to get as much usable water as possible in the area the bait is actually held in. My .02

Linesider that is the kind of info I am looking for.
It truly sounds like you have been there and done that. My partner has offered to buy the livewell.
I am not going to let him but he has a better bait
in his boat. Mine does fine but when guiding I think I need to go to something better built. Mine is insulated and has a filter on the outside but is getting old. May have to put it to pasture. Have a great weekend and again thanks for sharing your opinion.

Bo

Don't want anyone to think I am knocking a Creekbank. They are great tanks! I have personally observed a 30 gallon Creekbank tank stop aerating on 2 seperate occaisions when the filter stopped up. That just scares me....if I have gone to lake caught bait nite before, back home to sleep and get up to find dead bait with no time to get more. One solution to this in a Creekbank is after the bait has pooped and slimed and the very worst has been filtered out is to just leave the filter out while you sleep and let the aerator keep running. Also, don't overload it when you do this method. Good fishin to ya

Where can you find the Danco venturi system for a Super Bait Tank II

www.danncollc.com

i have a 30 gallon creekbank for sale