Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Downriggers

How far behind downrgger ball should I have the line out?

How much below the depth of the downrigger ball will the lure be if I use a 1/2 or 3/4 oz bucktail?

Re: Downriggers

CHURCH MOUSE,
I RUN MY BAITS FROM 20' TO 60' BEHIND THE DOWNRIGGER BALL. THE MAIN REASON, SOMETIMES THE FISH APPEAR TO BE SPOOKY. IF THEY ARE SPOOKY, I RUN THEM FUTHER BACK. AS FAR AS HOW FAR THE WILL DROP, IT DEPENDS HOW FAST YOU ARE TROLLING. ON MY BOAT, AT ABOUT 1.5MPH, IF I HAVE THE BAITS(DOUBLE BUCKTAILS) RUNNING 30' BEHIND THE DOWNRIGGER BALL, I FEEL THEY ARE ABOUT 4 TO 6 FEET DOWN. HOPE THIS HELPS. SETTER

Setter what kind of downriggers are you running?

Thank you, that is about what I guessed it would be.

RTN,
I USE CANNONS DIGITROL. ON MY OLD BOAT, I HAD PENNS. BOTH WORK WELL. I'VE BEEN USING CANNONS FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND I REALLY LIKE THEM. I'M STILL PLANNING ON GOING NEXT WEEK. I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DAY. SETTER

Setter I was down near the lake yesterday, didn't see too many boats out there for it being the week of the fourth. I just got Scotty electrics and I am trying to get them rigged up before Thursday but I have other things getting in the way, deck, fencing etc, lol. I Am trying to make sure I get the right type of battery (enough battery) for these the first time and I am waiting for the Gimbal Mounts via ups.