Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rod Holders

I am going to mount Rod Holders on my Bass Boat. I am going to mount them on the front and rear decks instead of on the fiberglass Top cap. From the deck to the top of the fiberglass on the front dect is 3 1/2 inches and the back is 2 1/2 inches. Will the rod holders with the 4in stem be tall enough or should I go taller? Will I need more room than 1/2 in for the rods on the front? I figure if they are tall enough for the front they will be pleanty tall for the back. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to buy them and they not be high enough. Thanks

Re: Rod Holders

I no longer have the website, but have you seen the rod holders for bass boats that are made to hook onto your cleats? They have a j-hook that goes under the cleat and then there is a base that stands on the deck. No permanent mounting, just put them on take them off. Perhaps someone else knows where you can buy these, if you're interested?

Here is the website BuschBoat is talking about.

http://www.extremefishingconcepts.com

I have seen those. The way my cleats are mounted on my boat those will not work. My cleats are not on the top they are recessed on the side of the top.

I know a guy that went to Wal-mart and baught two Santee style rod holders.He drilled a hole in the deck of his boat and mounted the triangle base (also at Wal-mart)and threaded a piece of all thread through the base and deck and left enough hanging through the bottom for any needed future adjustments,the bottom piece enabled him to come above the top of the fiberglass,then he baught a metal threaded female coupling and screwed that down on the piece of all thread and then took the rod holder and screwed it down into the other end of the female coupling.His rod holders are up high enough to where he can easly reach each one.The bases are held in place by screws and can be kept there.If you are worried about the hole in the center of the base,just buy a threaded plug and screw it in the hole when the rod holder isn't in the base like he did to keep what little bit of water that might get in.

Dont drill holes in your bass boat,what kind of bassboat do you have? I made custom holders for a center console and no holes drilled in it and the rod holders have lights off the sides as well,step back and take a look at the boat and just see another way to do it without hole drilling,email me a photo of the deck and let me see if something else can be rigged if you like it wont cost nothing to see.

Caprandy what is you email address? Or just send me a email to deerhound66@yahoo.com and I can forward you some pics.

If you go to cableas website they have a rod holder that mounts in your pedestal base where your bassboat seat goes,i believe they make them for single rods or multiple rods.

desert1cop@yahoo.com