Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
night crappie

Thinking about going to Clarksville tonight and fish around the bridge pilings.(crappie) Any body here ever have any luck fishing for crappie at night?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: night crappie

Bait Drowner, Enter "night fishing" in the search block on the top right hand of this forum. Lots of threads on there referencing night life on Kerr and other local lakes. Chris

Re: night crappie

Biggest crappie caught this time of the year are usually at night,I find a spot starting in 15 feet of water up to 30 with some humps on the bottom or some kind of structure and anchor up,I put out my green light all the way down to bottom but not hitting it,I let it stay there while I set up my other gear and get the rods etc ready and then I slowly pull it up to where I can see the light start and stop,start fishing with your jigs or minnows and see if you get hit if you do your depth is right and fish some more,if you need to catch you some bait for the crappie which I like to do at Kerr no better bait than small shad I pull the light up to just under the water which makes the bait all sizes circle the boat I then time the circle of bait and use umbrella or net or small mess cast net and catch my bait for the crappie,they better alive but dead will work to.If you like to catch some big shad at night use larger cast net and drop it off the side but hae enough line so the net can chase them a little deeper and then pull it up,use a big shad freelined out in the dark or thrown up near bank and you can catch some nice LMB or Blue cats..good luck