Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Striper Locations

In reading the most current posts it looks like the striper catches are coming from Buoy 5 to the dam. Are stripers being caught yet in other areas, or do I need to make the run from Clarksville? Thanks in advance for any responses and for helping me save gas.

Re: Striper Locations

I can say that we have done nothing up, there was a school of small ones at the Dr. House last week end. Comming from Clarksville I would start trolling towards the dam from there down run your bucktails 22-30 feet deep.

BUSCHBOAT1
IF YOU START TROLLING AT THE DR. HOUSE MAKE SURE YOU STAY ON EITHER SIDE OF LAKE. DOWN THE MIDDLE TOWARDS THE POWER LINE, THERE ARE TREES. I FISHED THERE LAST WEEK AND CAUGHT NICE FISH. PROBLEM IS I LOST BAITS WHEN I FISHED IN THE MIDDLE. FISH WERE THERE, SO ARE THE TREE LIMBS. THIS WEEK I FISH FROM EASTLAND CREEK TO SOUTH OF BUOY 5. CAUGHT SOME NICE FISH. THERE ARE MORE THAN 1 SCHOOL OF FISH. YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE CHANCES TO GET TO THEM.
SETTER

Cool water means deep and towards the dam,they will come shallow at night in AM and late PM chasing bait but the best rule is mark them in deeper and cooler water and put your baits in the zone.

TYVM for the advice!