Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
America is in trouble

I hope all of you have gone through all of those laws and taken a good long look at them. The more democrats we put into power the more rights and freedom they are going to take away. Who the heck are you to tell me I cant make a fire or swim where I want to. Our boys are fighting and dying right now to preserve our freedom and our God given rights. I know many of these things seem very small and they are but that is exactly where it starts. In new your city politicians and obese people have banned the use and content of Trans fats in foods served at restaurants within the city limits. As I recall I live in a FREE country where when I have a restaurant I can serve what I want when I want to and if you don't like it go somewhere else! These small little laws and bans WILL lead to the downfall of America it has happened in many different civilizations throughout history. Today we are sacrificing swimming smoking and fires but it won’t be long before they say that there is no need for civilian firearms or people don’t need to be fishing at two am because it is unfair for the fish. As a matter of fact where I live it is illegal to fish past one hour after sunset. I love my country and am proud and feel privileged to live in such a great nation, but i also have chosen a side. I’m not trying to start some huge argument but I want to see who on this site feels the same and will stand up for what is right
Now get out there and catch some fish!
Love God, fish hard, and keep a tight line!
~GEO~

Re: America is in trouble

Very well said my friend. We didn't just get in trouble it has been a gradual chipping away at what our fore fathers set in motion years ago. I love my country and I appreciate it as I have traveled around the world and have seen how the rest live. Now it has come home. GOD out of everything, it's my right, if it feels good do it, to heck with my neighbor the list goes on. GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN and I am going to try and catch my part. Smiles. G

If you read the laws on the fines for the moving violations pay close attention that it only pertains to Virginia drivers. If you are driving a vehicle with an out of state plate yopu are not subject to the additional fine. Sounds like to me to be pure discrimation against Virgina residents. The lawmakers say it is to a way to help pay for road construction and only penalize bad drivers instead of raising gas tax. Well as you all know gas prices are already making the politicians rich. Maybe they need to look a re channeling some of the lottery funds. If the extra fine money is going to be used to fund road construction you would think it would be for everyone and not just Va. residents. I think the roads are used by more than Va. residents only. Just my 2cents.

Next time you vote make sure that you vote for the one that believes in our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
( WE NEED TO GET THE ATHEIST OUT OF OFFICE )

I don't see a problem with any of the new park rules. Many sound like very good ideas to help keep idiots under control and keep them from burning the place down or destroying public property; and seperating swimmers from boaters is just common sense.

Kerr does not see nearly the number of users as a lot of the other parks, so the need may not be as obvious if you haven't been to them, but there are a lot of people with no common sense that think they can do anything in the park and it's ok and someone else will clean up after them.

Scott said "but there are a lot of people with no common sense"

You can't legislate common sense.

When law enforcement gets in the business of making money for the commonwealth, we are all screwed.

Big gubment at it's worst.

Just my humble opinion.There is so much diversity in this country today that the majority doesn't have a voice anymore.What has happened is that our supposable leaders do what they think for the people and not what the people really want.If the Government would just enforce and i mean enforce the current laws,there would be no need for new laws.Our Constitution has been trampled on and most notably in the last 15 to 20 years.From Clinton on down to the current Administration.It is time for the American people to stand up and clean house.Start with the local Government and work your way up to State and Federal.

What's going to happen when this new money starts flowing in and it is deverted to other programs besides what it was intended for?And then what?Another new law?Less and less Freedoms for us.I am as American as a American can be,but i'm not blind either.

We are all caught in a Webb.

I posted a response in "New Traffic Civil Remedial" I should have posted it here Sorry!

Buggsman..."What's going to happen when this new money starts flowing in and it is deverted to other programs besides what it was intended for?And then what?Another new law?"

Good point, I can pretty much guarantee this will happen.

Hey when things dont go exactly the way you want them too blame the democrats,and when it comes to taking folks rights away you need to throw a dig in for the republicans too there my friend if you don't mind.

First off, I am a decent driver and really have no problems with the fines/taxes. However it should apply to anyone not just VA residents. The only other thing that bothers me is the gun restrictions. If I have my conceal-carry permit (which is also a joke), I'll take my firearms whereever I please. I am a law abiding citizen and from what I have seen, the leos can't protect my family at all times so I will. Period. I am not some lose cannon gun toting psycho, but the way I interpret the constitution says that bearing firearms is my right.

On to my next rant, when was the last time you could say without any doubt that any politician was a christian. They all claim to be, but from their voting records, I can honestly say that I don't believe them. Republican or democrat it doesn't matter.

The reason non-Virginia residents don't have to pay the "fees" and this is a direct quote from Morgan Griffith: "It's not that we don't want their money, it's just that we don't think we could legally get it." That about sums it up. Ware, an atty also made the statement: It "is going to make criminals out of people" who can't pay the fines. Someone else stated before earlier today, to enforce the laws we have now and really enforce them. have you been on I-81 lately. Many is the time you have to roll 20 or more mph over the limit just to not get run over by the tractor-trailers and out-of-state drivers as it is--no enforcement exists.

No mater what the subject is there will be different views on it. The only way that this great land of ours is going to stay great is to live by God's word. That is what this nation was founded on and what our forefathers fought and died for.
The constitution of the United States was written by these God believing men and should not be added to or taken away from!!!!
There are too many people that think they have a better idea and God's word is impossible to improve on. And so is the U.S constitution.
Like the other post stated the laws we have now are not being inforced so why make new ones! And stop taxing the**^^ out of us !!!!!!!!
Just a few of my thoughts.
MOE

"Buggsman..."What's going to happen when this new money starts flowing in and it is deverted to other programs besides what it was intended for?And then what?Another new law?"

Good point, I can pretty much guarantee this will happen. "

You are both 100% correct. This is exactly why the big lie about the lottery is such a joke. All that money that pours in from lotto that is supposed to fund schools, etc. All they do is divert moneys that were SUPPOSED to be allocated to those funding initiatives and backfill with lotto money. It's a shell game and we are the suckers...every time.

BTW...I loved the comment about the "Webb"

Re: America is in trouble "How it happen"

Va. House, Senate Approve Roads Bill
By Michael D. Shear and Amy Gardner
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, February 25, 2007; Page A01
RICHMOND, Feb. 24 -- Lawmakers passed Virginia's first transportation plan in a generation Saturday, voting to spend $1.5 billion a year on roads, bridges and transit after ending a Republican feud that has stymied them for years.
The 105-page bill, engineered by Republicans, would pay for improvements in roads and mass transit using $2.5 billion in bonds paid back from the state's general fund. The Virginia Department of Transportation would get an infusion of cash for road maintenance. And Northern Virginia would stand to gain an additional $400 million a year from taxes and fees that must be approved by local officials.
But the first major attempt to meet the state's transportation needs since a gas-tax increase in 1986 was immediately condemned by Gov. Timothy M. Kaine (D), who said he will make "significant changes" to it.
To become law, the plan needs the governor's signature, giving him leverage over its final shape. Lawmakers will consider those changes in a one-day session April 4. If they do not go along with them, Kaine can veto the entire bill.
Most of the legislature's Democrats agreed with Kaine that the plan is inadequate and a threat to the state's other core services, such as education and public safety. They said it would not ease traffic congestion for the state's many weary commuters.
Approved easily in the House of Delegates by a vote of 64 to 34, the plan's razor-thin passage in the 40-member Senate was uncertain until the final moment, leaving legions of lobbyists, lawmakers, governor's aides and reporters in doubt until 21 green lights appeared on the Senate's electronic voting board. The final tally, on the last day of the 2007 session, was 21 to 18, with one senator not voting.
"We can whine and cry about us not getting everyone else to pay for our roads, or we can act decisively and get something done," Del. David B. Albo (R-Fairfax) told his colleagues. "If you want to take a massive step forward, vote yes."
By approving the bill, Republicans hoped to erase a perception among voters that they are unable to govern and are mired in philosophical squabbles between the anti-tax, conservative House and the more moderate Senate. Lawmakers now head home to begin campaigning for an election that is about eight months away.
"Everybody was talking about how Republicans can't govern," Albo said. "Well, we just delivered the largest transportation package in the history of Virginia to the governor's desk."
Republicans, who control both chambers, had put together the plan this year, when all 140 House and Senate seats are up for election. A key dispute centered on the use of money from the general fund, which pays for most state services and programs. Kaine and many senators favored a statewide tax increase to finance the transportation projects, but the plan approved Saturday calls for most of the money to come from borrowing $2.5 billion and paying the debt costs out of the general fund.
The governor, who campaigned in 2005 on a promise to solve the state's transportation crisis, had spent the previous 48 hours urging lawmakers to defeat the plan, calling it "bogus," "irresponsible" and "a very bad idea." He had threatened to call a special session of the legislature if the plan had failed, promising to deliver a proposal of his own. The approval was a blow to his influence and relationship with the Republican leaders he had opposed.
"I'm going to give the bill a public airing and do what should have been done [by the General Assembly]: a public airing and a public discussion," Kaine said after lawmakers adjourned at 6:02 p.m.
Whether he does that could depend on what voters come to believe about the sweeping, complicated plan negotiated largely behind closed doors by a group of top Republicans.
If Virginians decide the plan is a good start toward solving the state's transportation problems, Kaine might be forced to live with provisions he finds objectionable. But if he convinces voters that the plan is, as one Democratic senator called it, "smoke and mirrors," he could earn public support for a veto.
As passed Saturday, the plan would raise auto registration fees by $10 and increase fines for bad drivers and registration fees for heavy trucks.
It would also give officials in Northern Virginia's governments permission to raise taxes and fees to create a pool of transportation money that would not be shared with the rest of the state. They would increase rental car fees, commercial real estate taxes, driver's license fees and hotel taxes.
But those increases are not certain

I saw where they passed a law that as of July 1st it is illegal to have possession of a fire arm in a state park in Va. I camp some down in the state park at Buggs and I also have a CWP. I do not run around flashing that I have a weapon but I also feel that it is my right and the state has already given me the right to carry my firearm with the issuance of my carry permit. Just a few months ago a man was shot while in his tent at a campground up near Natural bridge Va.
I am sorry but I feel much safer when coming in at 2:30 am off the lake from fishing and not feeling as much need to worry about what may be in the parking lot at the boat ramp. Guess I will continue what I have always done and fight in court if a problem arises. I know that a criminal does not care the law says he cannot be armed.
How many rangers do you see patrolling the campground at 3am to make sure you are safe?

Bill,

It sure is your "Right" and the Government knows it's your "Right".That is why they pass all these laws.To make it difficult and hoping they can make it so ruff on people that they won't bother with their "Right".That way my friend they will be the only ones with the weapons,well them and the criminal(s).They couldn't protect us from 9-11 so why do they think they can protect us now?All Goverments have the same thing in mind and that is money.Not all criminals are in prison,some of the biggest ones are in our Nations Capitol.If the terrorist never do another darn thing,they have won in a sense.Why does the Government need to know everything i do?And why is that we can't know everything they do.Afterall,they work for us or at least suppose too.

DO YOU THINK BUSH IS A GREAT REPUBLICAN?

I wouldn't say he is a Great President.But at least he's not as lamey as Clinton was.If you look back during the Clinton years,they were to occupied trying to bring down "Big Tobacco" and the gun makers.Oh don't forget the Governments lawsuit against Microsoft either.So i believe that bin laden had 8 good years to plan whatever the heck he wanted to do.Everybody knows the only difference between a Republican and a Democrat is the spelling.Both sides want you to get so disgusted with them so you won't bother to vote.Another one of your "Rights".Don't let'em do it,vote their hind ends out of there.

He's much better than what it would have been if he had lost the election!!!!!

I'm with Buggsman on this one, Bin Laden had 8 years with the Clinton administration to plan his next move. Bush didn't play around and went after his ass!!!
IMHO Clinton was a wimp

Yep, I think that Bush has some good qualities and some bad ones. One thing is for sure, If bush didn't go after Osama and Saddam then our country would be in a lot worse of a place than it is now, and if kerry was in office our country would now be down the tubes.

I don't agree with many of the laws that have been passed in the last 15 years. Our rights are going away with every new one put into place.

Off topic side note:

I am offended by your statements Mofish, making such a blind statement against atheism. Do you even know an atheist? Probably not. Atheist do have moral values, they just don't use "higher power" to base them on, they use common sense on what is right and what is wrong. And there is nothing wrong with that. Morals are morals no matter how you learn them.
At least take the time to meet a few and talk with them before you make a blind judgement on atheism.

My apology to the rest of the group here for posting the above comments on a fishing board. I'll try not to do this again.
Mofish, if you'd like to discuss it off the board I'd be more than happy to.

river lizard a agnostic is what u desribed a athiest does not believe in any type of god period. know what u believe before u announce what your beliefs are. God still loves u because you are 1 of his children. please pick up the bible and read. god bless you
in GOD WE TRUST

Bin Laden lets think about who helped give him his start to begin with uh ?............ WE DID ! in the Afghan Russia War !

honestfisherman,

Sorry...but you are incorrect. My belief is, you are born, you live and then you die, there is nothing more after death and that's ok with me. I know you can't understand that because you hold on to this dream that there's something more after death, to each his own.

River Lizard; It's too bad that you are offended but I will make no apology to you for my statement.
And yes I will be glad to discuss it with you whenever you are ready. Click on the mail box and e-mail me if you would like.
IN GOD I TRUST!!!!
MOE

River Lizard; What if you are the one that is incorrect. You die, your sole wakes up in hell and you are stuck there for all of eternity in torment.
You should do yourself an eternal favor and read the Holy Bible.

Read which one the old or the new? Seems funny that if this god of yours was so perfect, he wouldn't have made a mistake in this first book and had to do it over again, don't you think?

It's a rather nice "god" who makes you live in fear isn't it! What if you're wrong?
But hey, I said I wouldn't debate this here so this is my last reply to this on the board.
Again, my apology to the rest of the members here.

THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN THE OLD OR THE NEW ! READ IT THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.
I'M STILL WAITING ON YOUR E-MAIL.

It's been sent MoFish.

river makes a good point, we're all different in one way or another, and I love it that way.
we as humans have learned to communicate thru writings. animals haven't, do they have a god? what book have other living things have. the bible is just writings/views, great things can be learned from it. just like great things can be learned at school/fishing/work/ you name it. life is here and now. enjoy it. live right, and give as much as you can and when your time is up you'll be ready.
who really knows if God is real or not. I don't care either way. I live right and have no fear or guilt.

we'll im ready to drop a line and hope to God I get a bite lol

I KNOW IN MY HEART GOD GAVE HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, FOR MY SINS. HE IS A LOVING GOD. HE WANTS EVERYONE TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES TO ACCEPT CHRIST AS THEIR SAVIOUR. THE ONE THING WE HAVE IS CHOICE. HE'S NOT A DICTATOR. HE LETS US MAKE OUR OWN DECISION. DON'T THINK I DON'T SIN. I DO IT EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE. I PRAY AND ASK FOR A LITTLE MORE HELP WITH MY SINS. MY HOPE IS TO SIN LESS TODAY THAN I DID YESTERDAY. I PRAY AND ASK FOR DIRECTIONS OF WHERE TO FISH. MAY SOUND STUPID, BUT I FEEL HE'S WITH ME WHEN I FISH. IF I'M ON FISH, YOU CAN BET I'LL LET YOU KNOW. THIS IS ONE OF MY WAYS OF FELLOWSHIP. SHARING!!! SETTER

Setter you are correct you involve him in everything in your daily life and get him involved in every aspect of it thats what he wants,as for the none believers all of us that believe can only pray you see the light because when the end comes and you havn't then you will find the real truth which won't be real pretty,now whether you belive or not thats truly sad and whether you want us to or not we will pray for Christ to come into your heart anyway...

to each his own. lets not burn any witches here.
I know alot of non believers that are great people. and I know alot of religious folks that are cheaters and weak. in my field of work, (wedding photography) I have been in over 300 churches and heard many a sermans. some I put right in the same catagory as an AA meeting. lol although Ive never been to one. (I dont drink) it ages ya to much.
church can be a great place, makes you feel good to help people, and churches help people.
god to me is life. thats it.
its in us all while were here. wisdom does not come from church. it comes from an open mind and doing things on your own. I can tell you how to tie a nail knot but if you dont do it on your own and work at it. it aint gonna happin. same thing with a golf swing. I can tell you the fundamentals but without hard work that little ball will be in the drink.
my brother inlaw is a preacher up in Pa. that man can get right in your heart and warm it up, what a great speaker and story teller. I love hearing him talk.
But I'll take my views of God to my grave. and if theres anything after death then I'll be one happy camper. just hope I dont come back as a deer in a public shooting ground. or a stocked trout. lol
good karma can be had in many ways. but takes work,
everyone has a bit of evil in them, some just dont care and always take the easy road.
our world is a big place to live a learn, make the best of it while your here. risks pay off.
back to fishing please.
I hamered the crappie the other day. (At falls lake)
all were caught using a double drop shot setup with minnows. right off the bottom in 13' of water.
with this heat comin back night stalkin is the way togo.
fishon

Steve,

You said the key word ( IF ). If you take your views to the grave you may be camping in a HOT place with no air-conditioning.
It's your choice but I personally am not willing to take that chance.Eternity is a long time.

Ive been around devils all my life, I can handle it. they help me see right from wrong.
the word IF is unknown, my way of thinking keeps ME pretty happy and full of life. your way is right for you. keep it YOUR way.
A kind heart is all you need. it comes from your own God/soul within.
have a great day and let the fish Gods be with you.

ps I dont want to get under your skin. sorry if I have.
lets talk fishing here,

I will bite my tongue on this topic as I promised before.
I've learned that this topic is not one to discuss on a message board because the heat of the fire just keeps getting hotter until there's major dislikes/hard feelings toward other users on this board and I do not want to see that happen.

Happy 4th to yoall.

http://mfile.akamai.com/21772/wmv/gannett.download.akamai.com/21772/streaming/wmv/hancockportraits.asx