Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spoon plugs

Can I get a little help on using spoon plugs ? I just ordered some today and need some tips on line,rods,speed,color and depth. Any help appreciated !!!!!

Re: Spoon plugs

what i did was get the book they sell also. read it an then go try it. read it again an go try some more...repeat as necessary. thats the way i learned. everything ya need to know is in Buck's book. i see something new every time i read it. hope this helps ya!

Fishdoc, Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the book. I'll try it.
PS. You did good on the crappie video

Fishdoc got me to using spoonplugs in the late 70's. He gave me the same advice ("buy the book, read the book, re-read the book,etc) and it changed my fishing (more so-called "lucky" days) and changed the way I look at fishing (it's more like a chess game that can be won by doing the correct things - than just flippin a quarter hoping for a right answer). Then I got to fish with him some and he explains things even better than the book. I kinda felt sorry for "Phil" though, I knew he wouldn't get much camera time when Keith was in the boat - you can't help but watch the guy catchin' most of the fish.

Thanks for the input guys. I just ordered the book I'll see ya on the water.