Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
jetski fishing

I got a honda jetski that I am installing a livewell on! awesome huh? after its done I will come down and fish some of those tournaments that you guys have! It will have rod holders and everything, I will be able to get to spots you would only dream of getting those 40,000 dollar plus boats!

Re: jetski fishing

I have never ridden a jetski but have often wondered if they would be good for river fishing. How shallow will they run?

FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT

Does that mean you dont like a jetski or are you just getting rid of a bellyache

Man I go Shallow! Blowin mud if need be! I can run through pad fields, stump fields, sand flats whatever need be to get to the big daddy's. Give me a ski anyday! I'm telling you this will be a fishing machine coming to your town to whack up on some tournaments, if I can get on some fish! Think of it 9 grand or 40 grand to do the same things and plus jump your wakes on top of that!!

FISH ON MAAAMA JAAAAMMMAAA

Dude I am with YOU!!! I have a Yahama FX 3 seater will do 60MPH.. I had the same idea as you.. Who needs 40k of boat..

Just don't get caught before sunrise or after sunset.

http://www.dgif.state.va.us/boating/wog/pwc-regulations.asp

Personal watercraft like jet ski's are not allowed in bass tournaments. At least the ones that are run like they are supposed to be. Just someone else wanting to start up a topic to stir the pot....like Toby said FFFFAAAARRRRTTTT!

I don't like them eather!!! Was only curious as to how they would do for fishing in a shallow river.

i would say that this is a somewhat good idea when it comes to fishing the river when it gets shallow like it is now. however, its obvious that this guy has never hooked into a 30+lb flathead in the river, i doubt very seriously that you could battle and land this fish by yourself on a personal watercraft. it would really suck to be upriver in an area that only a jet ski could get and make a wrong move fighting a fish, fall in and, well its a long way to drift dodging logjams and rocks all the way back to civilization or the next boat. i would do some serious thinking about that contraption, you still need all the essentials as a spot light, anchor system, place for dry clothes(storms come out of nowhere)depthfinder. and it had better be a big livewell to get that fish weighed in alive. good intentions i think but not very logical. good luck, youll need it!!!!!

In 5 years they will be as popular as Paris Hilton. TRACKER will sell them fully equipped and they will be everwhere. A dollar down and a dollar a week. A national organization will sponser tournaments and they will become tv stars. Watch. Baby Huey

What do I need dry clothes for, have you ever seen a jet ski before your in the water dude! and if you cant run them at night what the he@@ do you need a spotlight for? as far as I know there are no underground canyons at buggs? If you dont like the idea thats fine. right off the start you assumed I was fishing for catfish but you didnt ask what type of fish that I go for not everyone is a noodle head?

Jetskis are fun for some a pain in the ass for others,jetskiers have a right to jump wakes,cut across in front of bass boat up on plane and make big annoying circles around other boaters too,but fishermen have a right to fish in piece,right not to come down off plane while running when a jetski cuts across his bow to keep from running him over.If they let you in a tournament good luck but good luck getting into one! I little common courtesy goes a long way and theres not much being shown by the majority of jetski users.

I would love to have one to fish up the rivers on. . .would be great to get up river when its shallow and bank fish maybe.
Mike

If you dont like it, too bad! How will you feel when I out run your precious little bass boat, then weigh in more than you! Maybee cut in front of you to your hole? How does it feel to be jumped on like you just did to me? The others seem to be conversating without insult you should try it too (caprandy). thanks to all the rest for fisherman respect!

You ask a question and you got a answer if it hurt your feelings oh well and as far as the comment went I did not mention you either so you have to get past the thin skin.

Hey fellows the do make a thing called a jet boat in case some of you are unaware

Hey J, jet boat your A@#

TROLLS ride jet skis and lurk on fishing bulletin boards

Re: that guy with a stringer of dead bass

CAN'T GET OVER SEEING THAT GOOFBALL WITH A STRINGER OF DEAD BASS, HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM BUGGS. HE NEEDS TO STICK TO MINNOWS OR SHAD IF HE WANTS TO CATCH SOME MEAT!!!!!

jetskis are for people who can,t afford 40K boats.Most of them are city people who,s kin own a place at the lake and thats the only dealings they have with the lake.