Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Time To Have Reels Cleaned

As the summer months arrive and you slow down on fishing, it is a good time to have your baitcast reels cleaned and lubed. As most of you know, I try to get them cleaned and lubed and back to you quickly. It is a little slow now and turn around time is only a couple of days once I receive them. Drop me an e-mail if interested and I will get back to you.

Bassman13

Re: Good Time To Have Reels Cleaned

I thought the rules of the Board said no posting of items for sale. I know reel cleaning services are not quite the same as selling an item but to me selling is selling.

If you ever have bassman13 clean and tune one of your reels and compare it to the service and performance you get from an authorized Garcia servicecenter you would appreciate his willingness to help us out.

Skeeter57; Your right it's not quite the same. SO LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

I got one cleaned/tuned from bassman
and it is one smoooooth reel.
Well worth it! Great job & Quick

Bassman do you clean jigmaster reels and shimano speedmasters yet ??Spinning reels?

Caprandy,
I am not doing spinning reels yet, but will start by the end of July. I will post on here when I start doing them.Very Very Soon.
Bassman13

Bassman, how did the SM trip go? After fishing the mountain rivers for them I will never look at LM the same!

Raymond,
It was fantastic, floated about 6 miles and caught 32 small mouth with the biggest being aroung 3lbs. Had a great time and looking to go back this weekend.
Bassman13

Caprandy and all of you who have been waiting. I am now cleaning spinning reels as well as baitcasters.
Bassman13

how can i get in touch with you to get reels cleaned

catdaddy,
My e-mail is wilsons22@earthlink.net
Bassman13

Have you been fishing much bassman?

Bassman 13

I have an old ambassador 6000 reel that I purchased in the early 70's that is wore out. Has been rebuilt a couple of times but has not held up as the original components have.

This reel was used on the Texas coast for approximately 15 years for both inland and off shore fishing. I know under these conditions it was abused but with 20 lb test line and steel leaders I landed almost everything I hooked into including sharkes 100 to 300 lbs, skip jacks, 35 lb bull reds, 150 lb stingarays, the only thing I was not able to land was a 25' hammer head and is the fish I beleive caused reel problems.

The reel is the black 6000 and would love to get it back operational and matched back onto the original rod that was purchased with it beause this is the first rod and reel I purchased at the age of 16 and would like to fish with it the rest of my life.

I also have all of my dads late 1950's early 1960's ambassodor reels 5000 and 5500 c's I would also like back operationsl.

Can you help?

TexasWrangler,
I will be glad to look at your reels for you. Send me an e-mail wilsons22@earthlink.net

Raymond,
Went to then James 2 weeks ago with my son and had a great day together. We caught only 23 SM but had a great time. The biggest was 2 1/2 lbs. Got checked by the game warden, first time getting checked on the river. They were very nice and polite and even waved when they came back down the river lateer. Going to try Philpott tomorrow night for a while, got some tips from Fishdoc.
Bassman13