Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I would appreciate it.

If anyone ever has any room onboard I would be greatly appreciative of a chance to go fishing. I have barely any knowlege of the lake. I have fished nutbush in the area of Kimballs point campground in my aluminum. I am more than willing to share expenses. I would just like someone to show me not so much where on the lake, but how to catch fish. I am currently living in Jacksonville NC stationed at Camp Lejeune. I have mostly saltwater fished, but for some reason have recently had an itch to catch freshwater fish. So if someone has some room or is looking for someone to go with them I would appreciate it.

Jeremy

Re: I would appreciate it.

jeremy, tell us something about yourself. when can you egt away etc?

I have been in the Marine Corps for 9 years and have spent most of my time in NC. I love fishing, hunting and mostly just being in the outdoors. For the most part my only free times are from Friday night through Sunday. My family and I are going camping at the lake from the 8th of July through the 15th. We have been taking week long trips to the lake for the past 6 years, but my fishing has been unsucessful. I get to the lake and get really overwhelmed by the size of it. I live close to the ocean so I mostly fish for trout and flounder and have them patterned pretty well due to the sheer amount of time spent out on the water. Kerr is about 4 hours away so my time there has been down to just the vacations. Thanks
Jeremy

Jeremy, I have a son in the Corps. he is stationed up in Pennsylvania right now but he gets down here pretty often. I don't fish much on weekends, mostly during the week. I'll keep you in mind when I am heading out though. Semper Fi

Drop me a line, I fish mostly on weekends and I fish alone alot of the time. Maybe we can get out one weekend.

Im in Jville as well wats ur name??????? I go to the lake almost every wkend but now im headin off to cali fri for some trainin when I get back you should come down and join me one wkend let me know wat you think???

Jeremy and Bass 2 b, I mostly fish for cats and crappie. I have a pontoon, so it is kinda hard to fish for bass much. I would consider it an honor to take you or any military personnel (past or present). I am former army and I served in the first Gulf War with the 1st Infantry Division, Ft Riley. You can email me anytime at raymond_562@yahoo.com. Thank You for your service to your country and god bless you while you are deployed.

You are invited to fish the tourny Saturday night with us I have an open seat. now u have mail also.

Thanks for all of the replys and offers. Bassmaster, my name is Jeremy Tysinger. Godspeed to you and a safe return from the giant sandbox. I spent my time in Fallujah. To everyone else I will be in contact. Thanks again
Jeremy

I have a son @ Lejuene right now. If yur ever up around Smith Mt Lake I'd be proud to take you out. I have a 2180DLX Carolina Skiff with lots of room. I need somebody to go with me Sat. as a matter of fact, my regular partner is out of town. The fishing is so good up here, I'm not ready to make the trip down there yet. God Bless You and what you do for our Country!!

it's good to see all of you guys inviting this Marine out to fish. I have one in the Corps also and it makes me proud to see how many appreciatte their service to our country

Jeremy,
Where will you be camping the week after the fourth?

Once again the people on this message board amaze me. I appreciate all of the reply's. When I go fishing I don't want it to be a handout though I fully expect to share the costs associated. I will be staying at Kimballs point. From what I remember about it nutbush creek runs right by it.
Once again thanks
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

I wont be up at my lake house during the time you will be camping at Kimball, but I just wanted to also thank you for your courage and service.

Thanks for the kind words about serving my country. Personally I feel as screwed up as things can get, this is still the greatest land in the world and I owe it my time. I will say that all service members stand a little taller when the general public gives them thanks and it doesn't go unappreciated. God bless you all and those who have gone before.
Jeremy

I will planning a night trip to Kerr in the near future and usually go all night long for different fish,will be glad to take you along but will need dates that you can go.

I will check the dates you gave and if someone else hasn't beat me to it you can go with me and all you going to need is a fishing license my friend,I just returned home from Iraq in Feb.from Al Anbar Province and Camp Fallujah myself and if you can stand marathon fishing then I will try to help you out with all I know,I fish nights because it cooler and there not a lot of boat or Jetski traffic on the lake then,

Thanks Caprandy,

Unless I am mistaken I think I know of you from a saltwater board. I may be mistaken though. I would appreciate it and yes I will stay out on the water until I pass out. I appreciate it.
Jeremy