This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Killing for a Bass Report

Well the subject has some truth to it.
I am currently in Iraq and cant wait to get back to the fishing. I am going crazy over here wondering what is going on with the fishing on Kerr. I am guessing they are in a full Summer pattern. Main lake points and mouths of creeks. If anyone has some reports or info they are willing to let me read to cure my fix. Any smallies being caught? If you dont want to post for all to see, feel free to email me.
Thanks
Caldwellj11@embarqmail.com

Re: Killing for a Bass Report

Me and my bro fished the Children's Miracle yesterday on Buggs and finished 2nd with 5 fish that weighed in at 13.04. We started out with topwater since it was cloudy and after two hours with only one blowup, we decided to go for the big bite. My bro was throwing a 12 inch Culprit red shad worm and put the first keeper in the boat around 10am. I was throwing a Zoom Mag11 blackberry colored and we managed to get a 5 more good bites. We culled a 15" fish at 2:00 and that left us with the 5 that we weighed in. The fish we caught were in about 7 foot of water on the edge of the points. We appreciate what you are doing for us over here! Keep your head down and be safe!

I hear ya bro im headin over there agin in Aug. Just got back from a wkend at the lake and had a blast prob my last time headin up there untill I get back.....oh well did a some cat fishin sat and didnt catch anything. But sun got out on the lake around 530 am at around 540 had 3 fish in the boat 2 3lbers and a 4lber all on big white 7in berkley gulp jerk shads caught alot of bass most where dinks a couple 3 and 4lbers 1 5lber and 2 6lbers. Caught alot on the jerk shad and alot on a carolina rigged green mardi gra lizard. Deep crankin and big worms worked well.

were you fishing the jerk shads like a jerk bait or on the bottom like a worm?

What deptph were you fishing the worms that you used?

Fished the Bfl last Saturday. Fishing was tough. It only took 8lb 6oz to get a check on the boater side. One 15lb bag then 13lb for second.I think that verifies it was hard. Seems people that caught them did a lot of different things.2 guys i know caught them shallow in the back of pockets, others caught them on topwater all day and some caught them on points in the 6-8ft range. I caught 3 keepers all on topwater around 9-11 o'clock.I lost one other keeper about 3lbs that would have given me around 9lbs but hey that's how it goes. Good luck on your trip.

Good to here there being caught out there. Thanks for the reports. It is about 115 deg during the day over here and only getting hotter. Bright sunny skies everyday. There isnt much water to be fished. I have flown over a huge lake in the middle of the country. Crystal clear water and lots of grass. I wish I was screaming across it in my boat.
Best of luck to everyone out there fishing. Catch a big one for me.

Yes just like a dying fish if i knew the bass where deeper i would let it sink and then begin my retrieve when fishin my worms and lizards for the most part the depth was around 14-25 feet it varied when ever we where markin fish we would make a cast.