Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trollin report...

trolled from longwood to the mouth of island cr. an back. fished from 8AM-4PM. used leadcore. had best luck on 1/4oz roostertail, chart/gold blade. also caught some on 4-5in rapalas, firetiger. an a model 'A' bomber, 2a, firetiger. trolled from 12-18 ft deep, tryin to stay in 15-20ft of water. caught 10 LMB, 2 in the 3 lb class an the rest were 12-14 inches. got 4 stripers, 2 small ones an a 5 an 7 lber. caught 4 blue cats from 4 - 14lbs. also 4 channels from 1 1/2lbs to 5lbs. caught 4 whitebass from 1-1 3/4lbs. had 4 whiteperch, 2 rite at a pound. an a gar bout 4 ft long stole one of my rapalas...lost several good fish, but still had fun!!!

Re: trollin report...

great day on the water Doc, thanks for the report

Good Report Doc, it sounds like retirement is treating you well! Keep it up!

Jon did you get out on the water today?

Mike, long story, you have mail!

Trolled cut beside big island towards grassy Thursday and caught some nice white perch and also got into some largemouth with largest right at 4 lbs. Stopped and dropped worms and cut bait and 9 year old son had a ball.

D.C., thats what its all about. took my 7 yr ol nephem wed/thurs, had a ball watchin him have a ball! PASS IT ON!

taking a kid fishing is a great way to spend time together. Those memories will be the ones the little ones cherish when they get older

First time he went we were with DRY#2 and we caught 200 + perch that were on structure in a cove and would hit as soon as line was dropped in water. He was 5 then and will stay all day long. My youngest is 6 and very active but is doing fine at local ponds and will probably be on next trip. Just wished the ride wasn't at least 1 1/2 hours, but it's worth it.

my drive gets old too but you are right. just as soon as I get on the water I forget all about the drive

FISHDOC, ANOTHER GOOD POST WITH MUCH INFO FOR US. I ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR POST.TROLLIN IS A VERY PRODUCTIVE METHOD IF I CAN EVER PERFECT IT. I HAVE MUCH TO LEARN, BUT I'M TRYING.
ABE

Abe, send me your email. just click on mailbox below my name to get mine.