Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cast nets

whats the difference between mono and multifilament nets . which one would be better for shad and shiners in 10plus depth.?

Re: cast nets

Monofilament is not as stiffas multifilament. Mono is less visible than multi. Multifiliment will stay soft longer...jfo

all I can tell you is that everyone I know swears by the high dollar cracker and calusa nets and I think they are much softer than the standard mono nets

The Crackers are super nice nets! But, be prepared to handle losing $120 (8 footer) as they are not cheap. I buy Betts nets (8', 1/2" mesh) and get 2 nets for same price. If they get stiff, I just soak 'em in a little fabric softner. Calusa nets are even more expensive than Cracker. Just my .02 I have lost 2 nets within 1 week...not hard to do.

I use a good but not expensive net like Linesider said nets sometime don't last a long time. I find that the more weight the better hard to escape that fast sink. Ol by the way way I don't care how heavy or hard to throw it is I told Steve he had to toss it as I don't know how!

i ordered a net from memphis net co. and by mistake i think i keyed on the multifilament instead of thew monofilament. just wondering how much difference. they are trhe same weight and size.