Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton to Danville

Went to milton yesterday and didn't have much luck. Caught one blue about 5 lbs and one channel cat about 3 lbs. Had plenty of flathead bites but wouldn't take rods down. They would hit bream a couple of times and crush it and descale it but then leave it alone. Anybody eles having in luck from Milton to Danville.

Re: Milton to Danville

Sounds like you have small fish hitting big baits. what size bait and hooks are you using?

Was using a gamakatsu 5/0 wide gap hook with about 6 to 7 inch bream. Bought a Rays bait and tackle in Eden Nc.

I think you just had small fish hitting big baits. I am told by the so called experts that when the littl;e ones are tearing up your baits you need to move to a different spot

Tried three different spots with the same thing happening. Maybe big flats are already down farther or not arrived yet.

I plan on starting to fish at night for catfish to beat the heat in the lake. The wife and I were catching blue ctas by accident the other evening. she deosnt plan on going out at night for cats though. I'll let you know how I do

Yeah, I hear you on the heat I liked to burn up the other day. I am going to try to go Tuesday night but don't know if we are going to the river or buggs . Let me know how you did and will do the same.

RETNAVYENCM,
Was wondering what the ENCM stood for. I was in the Navy for 4 years 92-96. Was an AT3 when I got out.

enlisted navy chief master(master chief). ENCM.
danniep i think anlof your problem is the #5 kooks, iuse atleast a #7 but i much more prefer a #8-#10 size hook, it really does make a difference. i have caught cats that were only as long as from your elbow to the tip of your fingers and smaller on live brim, so dont buy into the little ones thing, alot of times when flatheads spawn they are like bass, they will simply kill what is in the area to keep it from eating their eggs. try bigger hooks and be patient, i know there in there, good luck.

I agree with silent assasin you need the hook to be large/wide enough to hook the fish a smaller hook will lay to close to the bait fish making hookup harder. Also try cutting the dorsal fin off the bait fish helps prevent the run and drop, they don't get spined.

Put stinger or trailer hook on the bait.