Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crappie fishing

I am equiping my boat for crappie fishing. I need some opinions on the best trolling motor and fish finder for crappie in kerr lake. I know everyone is not going to agree but all advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: crappie fishing

Are you trolling or fishing brush piles? For brush piles, GPS is a great so you can find them again. For trolling it would be good to have a trolling motor that would follow a compas heading or a countour. I don't have one and have to keep my foot on the pedal when trolling.

ru? What GPS do you recommend! Also i'm on a tight budjet Thanx for you help.

I have a Garmin handheld. I think it is a 250S. Not sure about the model. It was about $150. Garmin makes more GPS units than anyone else.

i use the garmin76 to mark brushpiles an to show trollin runs ya have made. so if catch one ya can turn aroun an retrace ya route persactly. its also the most accurate way to read trollin speed, an in the sping i've seen speed make a big difference in ya catch. well, in the summer, fall an winter too.

Correction...My GPS is a Garmin 76S

Thanx so much for the info.

Snapper Stop over at Crappie.com forum. We talk about that stuff all the time and even catch a crappie now and then. Well at least Fishdoc does.

IBNFSHN, they still on the places you an i fished a while back as of wed. caught bout 130 in 6 hrs with bout 3 dozen keepers.