new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
plastics

What are the best color plastics to use on the lake? Thanks

Re: plastics

I was up at Hibernia last week and did fairly well on texas rigged watermelonseed zoom 6 in lizard with the tail dyed chartruse with a crawdad scent. All fish in the 1.5 to 2 pound range. Water depth 4-12 feet any where you could find brush or trees or any kind of wood you could get bet probably had 7 fish for 5 hours of fishing. just enjoyed being on the water.hope this helps tight lines.

Thanks Cory.

My family and I are going to camp at nutbush in July. I love being out on the water more than anything else. I live in Jacksonville NC and the waters here are small and crowded ( I don't have a boat big enough for the big blue). I am hoping to go out a few mornings with just my wife and a few with my father in law and kids. I take it that natural colors are the best. Thanks for the info.
Jeremy

Anything green will do, I also read on another post that zoom ole monster 10" worm in blackgrape was working well on humps and drop offs. Best of luck to you and have a safe trip.

Ive had alot of luck with the berkley gulp jerk shads they seem to love the white and chartruse tail early morning and late evening. The zoom super fluke works great and also try the jerk shads with the beaver tails. This is where I make my money Big 11-15 in black, blue, and purple worms texas rigged with a rattle bullet weight make sure to peg your weight and use a light weight so you can feel the structure and not get hung up.GOOD LUCK

Junebug in a lizard, crawl, ect..its summer and I do really well with this color along with the green.Good Luck.Mike