Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to Explode a Shad: SHAD-TEK

Did you know that bumping your net weights on the deck of your boat when you are reloading your castnet can cause a shad to explode? Find out about this has and MUCH MORE at SHAD-TEK.

Please get an email over asap so we can plan the right amount of food. Thanks...jfo

Re: How to Explode a Shad: SHAD-TEK

No nibbles on this one huh??
Come to Shad-Tek and find out the answer to this "not joking" question...jfo

I really wanted to attend this, but I have a prior commitment.

Now by 'explode'...you mean jump out of the water, right?

JPritch, Thx for the note, sorry to miss you at the seminar. Now I reckon that a "fish out of water" could result from an explosion but that answer doesn't ring the bell. jfo

When shad make a school or shoal they gain protection from predators. When threatned, the group of shad will "explode" in every direction thereby breaking up the group, which then reforms quickly somewhere else nearby. The abrupt noise of dropping the weights on the deck can trigger this flight response, so the school of shad "explodes" in every direction.

Thank you very much to everyone that came to SHAD-TEK, We had a great time, good food and learned a little bit maybe. Come on out to the tournament on Saturday....jfo

i just wanted to say last night you guys missed out on alot of great info and fellowship.jfo excellent presentation!hope to see you guys at the tournament this weekend.