Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Bass tips

Ive used this messege board alot and have caught alot of bass due to the tips that I have gotten. You guys are the bomb and i thank you all for everything.

Ive caught some big bass targeting main lake points and underwater cover using soft jerk baits early morning and late evening also have caught alot of bass using the zoom horny toad in the morning caught a monster 9lber sat morn around 6. Carolina riged power hawgs and power beasts worked well during the day. Also willow blade spinnerbaits.

Please if you have any tips and techniques let me know. Thanks a ton

Re: Big Bass tips

A 9 lber in Buggs is a monster! I am sure it was cool to see a 9 lber come up and hit a topwater frog. If you are catching hogs like that you should be giving advice, not looking for it!

Toby

I did and was hoping others would do the same but oh well. Wat about you wat works good for you?????

YOU SHOULD BE A GUIDE ON KERR, CATCHING BASS LIKE THAT, THIS TIME OF YEAR ON SHALLOW BAITS. I FISHED SUNDAY P.M. AND 11 HOURS MONDAY. THE FEW DINKS I CAUGHT WERE IN THE 18 TO 26 FT. RANGE. NONE WERE OVER 2 POUNDS.
ABE

Not saying i was catching a ton of bass got that nice 9lb and the rest where like u said in the 2 and 3 lb range. Thats why I am asking for guidance can I get some help????? What where you using sun?????

I have been catching tons of bass, just no real large ones. 3/8 ounce Manns Jelly Worms in Blue or Black and Ol Monsters in Black Grape is what I have been having luck on recently. Good luck to you.

Toby

Thanks Toby... Do you do any catfishing and if so what would you recomend??

Abe Goldberg wat are you using to catch your bass on the lake and at wat depth?????

Big bass 5lb plus are lazy opportunistic bass that do not waste a lot of time running down food like the smaller bass and schoolers do,they like to be comfortable as well so when it hot they like a cool spot when its cold they like it warmer.A big bass will eat huge baits and that keeps him from using to much energy and saves him some time.Bigger baits around shady structure in summer daylight hours. At night and early hours.Also try early morning and really late evening topwater bite.I have also found that if you fisn a point with a drop off where the big fish retreat when it hot or they go to ambush shad at night when the bait is being fished you can use a black or blood red spinner bait with the biggest colorado blade you can make do the thump,crawl it slow but fast enough to make that blade thump and displace water so the bass will feel it.Let it sink to bottom then start your return.My biggest bass was on that technique 12lb,I caught several more that night that would have gone 5 plus,I fished a flat that gradually dropped off into deeper water that had structure.....theres some info for ya dog, good fishing !!

CapRandy thanxs man so was a colorado spinnerbait all you used to catch those bass and if so do you use trailer hooks on your spinnerbaits??????

I think I got all the supplies I need. Thanks for everyones help if anyone has any last min advise please feel free to post it.

Lunker Lure buzz bait at dusk or dawn. Have not heard of much action with the big ones during the day.

Thanks a buzz bait is one of my go to baits during low light conditions never tried it on kerr but i will this wkend.